Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I wasn't trying to kick puppies or anything, but the 929 owner started it lol.

Backstory:
I was part of some group convo on facebook about motorcycles. 929 guy says that he pulled a modded Busa on the highway and basically said his bike is the fastest thing on earth. Someone mentioned racing my 10, he replied with "I will drag that 10 down the highway. My bike is an 8 second bike easy."

We raced from a 30 mph roll or so...

Edit: the video title is wrong. My bike is a 2011 (gen 4)

·
Registered
629 Posts
And...............WALKED!!! lol atta boy!

He's definitely falls into the Gixxer bs catagory. Hahah shut his ass up quick.
+1

love it when a shit talker gets done in lol guess he shoulda got a kawi instead :mrgreen:

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Was he still talking crap? Or did he start making up excuses to why he lost?
I guess he wasn't making excuses to why he lost, but he wants to race from a dig which I agreed to. He said he would give me 3 lengths and the hit to make it even... Mind you, I'm not the best guy at the strip, but I think that's going to turn ugly for him.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
holy shit 125lbs! I probably wouldn't challenge you if you were on a 600
Haha yea being a lightweight it good at some times. My 600 trapped between 135-137 consistently at the strip. I can't keep the 10 down though nor have I practiced enough so my times aren't very good yet. Best being a [email protected] with a 2.1 60' lol.

·
Gen2 Ripper
4,867 Posts
:eek:ccasion1

·
Registered
209 Posts
Nice win !

A lite weight rider give a big advantage !

Thanks for sharing.

·
Is still Slo
1,538 Posts
Haha yea being a lightweight it good at some times. My 600 trapped between 135-137 consistently at the strip. I can't keep the 10 down though nor have I practiced enough so my times aren't very good yet. Best being a [email protected] with a 2.1 60' lol.
I think if you guys raced at a drag strip, he might beat you.... I know he would definitely get you off the line, and depending on how flustered you get, you may make a mistake and it could cost you the race.

In the street, the longer the race is, the better chance you have of reeling him in. But right off the line, I think he will rape you.

·
Registered
63 Posts
But right off the line, I think he will rape you.
Three lengths and the jump, though? That should more than make up for OP's lack of experience getting out of a dig quickly.

Hell, just show up with a wheelie-bar on the bike. lol

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I wish I could get to the drag strip to practice more, but it's only open on Friday nights and I'm scheduled to work every Friday night for the next 10 weeks. Yay...

We are supposed to run from a dig soon. The last time I saw him he was getting his fairings painted. I'm thinking that as long as I can keep him within 2-3 lengths through 1st gear, I'll be fine.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts