Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but this race hasn't happened yet. It is happening tomorrow morning :mrgreen: . It's been in the making for a while, but the weather was terrible for about 2 weeks and then I got sick so nothing has happened.

Some background:

-Unlike the 1,200 rwhp Supra I raced before (video is on here), this one is only at around 800 rwhp. The difference being the turbo is very small and comes in HARD. He is at full boost (30 psi) at 5,000 rpms. No lag at all.

-The owner of the Supra is the same owner of the 9 second S2000 I raced earlier (video is on here). Real cool dude and this race is only for fun.

-He has already taken out 2 bikes on my local forum. The sprayed R1 (that I raced before while racing the S2000) and another bolt on R1 that I have raced before.

-The car is very fast and i'm sure he will be on full kill mode for our race in the morning.

Here are the races with the other bikes.

-Sprayed (50 shot), stretched, lowered, geared, power commander, etc. '05 R1

-Geared, exhaust, power commander, etc. '05 R1

Wish me luck guys. I'm not sure how this one is going to turn out. I'll post video once it's done though.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nice!!! Hey man, on that first video what heads up display do you have hooked up to your cam?
That's not me, that's the guy that owns the sprayed R1 racing the Supra. It's a contour GPS though. Pretty cool how it records speed and what not. His gopro got lost up on the Dragon so he bought that lol.

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
What is wrong with that R1 on spray? Bouncing off the rev limiter wasn't helping him much either

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What is wrong with that R1 on spray? Bouncing off the rev limiter wasn't helping him much either
He was having air shifter issues. He had just hooked up a progressive controller for the nitrous and the air shifter just before the race and I guess it wasn't dialed in yet. I'm supposed to ride his bike one of the days for a rematch against the supra and his bike. He weighs 240 and I weigh about 130 with leather on.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well and here is the story. Very, very well set up Supra. I let off around 155 or so the 2nd and 3rd races because of traffic. The first race I was all in it up until around 180. Yes I am still full throttle as he is pulling on me HARD!

On and he's on 5 more psi than the races posted above.

Here's his post on my forum:
Good races this morning. His bike is super fast man. I was able to get a good jump first race. Like I don't think I left early he might of just left a little late so he was not able to have that strong pull in the beginning.

Second race is the same but he had a good start and pulled me hard in the begining. I was coming in 5th but we ran into traffic. It would of taken me a while to come around him in this one.

Third race we went from a 65mph and both went even. I think this race if we did not hit traffic I could of come around him a few seconds after we let off.

The bike is fast I am happy I was close to it.
Video:

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Also, my 10 is stock save for a full system from Graves. Stock ecu, gearing, swb, stock height, etc.

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
Damn that Supra makes the R1 and 10R look bad. What kind of quarter mile times does that car run?

·
Gen2 Ripper
4,867 Posts
They are dyno queens. Handle like crap and are heavy. They were the shit but EVOs Nd STis will pull better times with same investment money wise in mods. Or a newer ZO6 with a little juice and head work will also out run a heavily nodded supra. I like supra, but better cars to mod nowadays.

·
Gen2 Ripper
4,867 Posts

Both cars have since dipped into high 8's. Same outcomes and the AMR evo is even faster.

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
They are dyno queens. Handle like crap and are heavy. They were the shit but EVOs Nd STis will pull better times with same investment money wise in mods. Or a newer ZO6 with a little juice and head work will also out run a heavily nodded supra. I like supra, but better cars to mod nowadays.
:+1: Z06

Vettes FTW!

·
Gen2 Ripper
4,867 Posts
At my local strip, there are nearly a dozen newer Z06's that drive there and run mid to high 9's with dot rear tires, 300 shot and head work done. Then drive home. The weak link is the trans in them. Can't gorilla shift them but plenty of aftermarket TKO transmissions available for the serious racer.

·
Registered
414 Posts
At my local strip, there are nearly a dozen newer Z06's that drive there and run mid to high 9's with dot rear tires, 300 shot and head work done. Then drive home. The weak link is the trans in them. Can't gorilla shift them but plenty of aftermarket TKO transmissions available for the serious racer.
Great Video.

And a C6 Z06 is my next car.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts