Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went into this race knowing that I was going to lose and it was merely a friendly race without cash involved. I wanted a 30 roll, but he wanted a 70 and this was the outcome. Races are from 65-70 to 170 mph. The cars you see in the video are spotters and chasers. There were very few civilians on the street for our races.

Supra is a 76mm turbo on 45 psi, no nitrous, and E85. He was making just over 1,000 rwhp on this setup and is capable of much, much more.

My bike is a 2011 ZX-10R with 1,200 miles and a full Graves exhaust. No ecu reflash or tune.

***Btw I did not make the video....

·
Gen2 Ripper
4,867 Posts
Stock bike against that much HP will loose usually. What gear were you in at 70mph?

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
It doesn't look like the rider crouched down into the bike? Or is it jus me? Easily lose
a couple of mph that way gotta get inside that windscreen
I was thinking the same thing didn't like the launch look of the rider especially racing against a 1000hp car you better tuck and go fast that car will be coming fast. :badteeth:

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
:heyyou: i think garth needs to get in on this race.

You didnt too bad SteedGT. just get the hack and practice. I am in the same boat with both of those too.

·
Registered
3,204 Posts
It would be a different race with the ECU flash...not saying you would win (seeing as how it didn't look like you were tucked) but it def would be a different race. I will have my Gen 4 down in FL soon when I visit family in Jax, I wouldn't mind riding to Otown and run that car.

·
BigCat for Prez!
7,229 Posts
Gear it down and run the 1/4. Ull bust that ass with practice

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks everyone!

I was in 2nd gear @ 70 mph and I was having issues with keeping the front down so I was hugging the tank. I guess I forgot to get down behind the windscreen after lol. I'm 5'6" and 120 lbs and when I get tucked, I am really, really tucked.

I'm still not really used to the bike (coming from a 600) and the power is still unreal for me. Give me some time to practice. That was only my 2nd race on this bike and I haven't really ripped on it much before that lol.

My bike is stock save for a full exhaust. Gearing is stock, etc. We'll have our rematch once I do the reflash and get some sort of engine tuning done.

·
Registered
5,228 Posts
Get a double bubble screen and that should help a little bit too.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts