Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
aka kwakrider
412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
this is not what i wanted to see,over the past two days i've noticed some steam, not blue, not black,white steam very faint but never the less some steam coming from the left tail on warm up. it goes away at 104 deg.after idel returs to norm.at first you would think condensation in pipe but she lives inside so i ruled that out then well mabey just excessive gas when engine revs during warm up,but wouldnt you think you could smell that. so now im thinking :dontknow: like a parent with a new baby water is gettin in around a gasket , can anyone concure. would appriciate hearing from you thanks.

·
Registered
1,583 Posts
is your overflow tank level getting lower? If not I would just say it was moisture is the pipes.

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
I get that every once in a while on my 04. I keep mine in the garage too. But its just so humid that it happens anyways. Ive always attributed it to moisture.

·
Cross-Eyed Cat
339 Posts
I have a new 09...and mine does the same thing...it seems pretty normal to me...as all my bikes do it and so does my car!

·
aka kwakrider
412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
over flow tank hmm got me there ill check that out , glad to hear im not the only one with this exspirence . shes only got 1500 mile on her and i used the run her like a scalled dog but dont kill her process on breakin.supposabley the best method for seating the valves.thanks to all.

·
Registered
778 Posts
Normal. Steam is a product of the combustion process. When your pipe cools, it condenses into water.
:iamwithst its normal, plus alot of gas these days is really cheap and and can also have a small amount of water!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts