Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ladies and Gentlemen,
I have an 07 zx10r... :thumbsup:
However.... It hasnt been all fun. About 45 days ago I had to buy a bran new stator. I bought it after market off of ebay for a nice price. Installed it myself no problem, I installed it the exact same way the stock one came out... On monday of last week the bike was no longer charging do to a defective stator once again!... So i mailed it back to the Factory because its comes with a one year warrenty right?? Wrong! when i sent it back it looked at as tho 4 of the 10ish... compasitors were burnt up... I get a phone call today from my ebay seller stating that the fly wheel on my bike damaged the stator and it will not be relaced.:bs: At this point im man because i mailed them the stator over night. Then they waited 7 days to get back to me? :headshake
Anyways after a very creative phone converstation with the warrenty man at the factory i had to buy another stator.
So my question to you all is this... in light of not losing another new stator is there something i need to know about istalling these? some kinda trick.. and in the off chance that the man from the factory is right how can i tell if there is something wrong with my fly wheel?

Thank you call for you time... also sorry for the long windedness... just venting haha! :smile:

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
dont buy an aftermarket stator. buy an OEM one or a used zx10 stator. Also check your flywheel/magnet for any damage (i doubt there is anything wrong with it).

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Alright ill lok into an OEM one... however is there some special way they need to be installed?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts