Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

Stator rectifier problem

Gen 2: 2006-07 
2K views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  Fast4Life 
#1 ·
So I took my bike apart a month or so ago and the last ride I did prior, it wouldn’t start after I road around for a couple mins. Push started it and road around for 20mins. Same issue. Didn’t think anything about it. Took bike apart to paint and address maintaince. Found fried stator to rectifier wiring. The connector was melted from stator. Decided to go crazy and ended up pulling engine for other things. Stator looked great when I got the cover off. Did test on rectifier and it claims it’s bad. Are there only tests for stator while bike is running. Trying to decide what to order and also learned about the shindengen SH775A or sh847aa now. Opinions? Previous owner claimed replacement of bolth. Wiring said otherwise but could become melted like that, quick. Also read about whining on “wot” like a supercharger and yeah I definitely heard that since I bought the bike in November.

Attachments

See less See more
#6 ·
Sorry to hear of your woes on this. If those wires are melted, that's the first thing to take care of. The rectifier readings indicate it would be bad, but that's probably due to the wiring melted and shorted.

First things first, and that's the wiring issue. Make sure you have no shorts between the wires in the harness and the chassis. Then you can move onto the rectifier.

#7 ·
If anyone has a second to test their rectifier. All readings are good except when I test + on Pin W all my readings I have to switch to 20k 200k to register on multimeter. Bought another rectifier for $25 from a bike salvage place that tested it and said it was good. Gets the exact same readings? Bolth bad of bolth good?

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.