Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
854 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fellas as of Yesterday my bike drains my battery while riding. I replaced my battery yesterday afternoon since it was the oem battery figuring this was the cause. Today she died again while riding. I did some searching and found how to test the Stator. It reports .01 ohms at each connection. However when i turn the bike on and rev the engine to 4k rpms the Battery reads the same voltage as before starting the bike not higher. Am I correcting in assuming that its the regulator thats bad?

·
Licensed Dist of HaterAde
11,423 Posts
It's either the stator or rectifier.....i'd put my money on the stator if it drains the battery while riding-running. had it happen a few times on some of my other bikes.

·
Registered
299 Posts
I would replace both of them, i know its allot of money? but it will help you down the road trust me I had to replace both. if you only replace one it is going to eat up the other one. From what I understand this is a common thing with the 10's might not happen to everyone but it happens to allot of us.

·
Registered
299 Posts
How did you guys get your hands under the bike to test it?
you should be able to reach it if you are on the right side of the bike (Looking at it from the back). you should see the cables that come from the stator to the reg.

·
Registered
854 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'll give it another shot. I got big hands though it was tuff to get them in there to losen the connections.

·
Registered
299 Posts
I'll give it another shot. I got big hands though it was tuff to get them in there to losen the connections.
Yea I feel you on that one. its going to be a little tight but I'm sure you can get it.

·
Registered
598 Posts
I think I used an open ended wrench and had to turn it slowly. Once it was loose I think I was able to get a universal joint in there on a wrench. It was not easy but it can be done, even with big hands.

·
Registered
854 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Stator was bad fellas replaced it three days ago, as well as the Regulator/Rectifier. Shes runnin right now. Thanks for the help. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
448 Posts
im having the same issue with mine i tested the 3 points with bike running and off with running its reading 5.9 to 6.0 and off they all three read 1.092 is it a bad stator or rectifier

·
Registered
774 Posts
my 07 blue fried the stator too !
me 4.
how much are the parts and how hard to do is it?

edit- omg $400 from cheap cycle parts

1 - 20 of 22 Posts