Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys installed the fuking lights, turn bike on no lights, wait a few secs no lights shut bike off

the two connectors go to the light bulb, got that installed the bulb, connected all as is, but the circled area does not fit the housing for the stock power source where the old bulb was connected

did I get the freaking wrong ballast

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I think the wrong part of the kit is the lone wire that goes from the ballast to the stock power housing of the headlights

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

some pics of the bike

·
Registered
798 Posts
make sure the part that connects to the bike are connecting to the correct colors normal headlights are not polarized ( positive negative) hids are

·
Registered
798 Posts
and if you want to you can cut up the harness and hard wire it since they do give you a plug

·
Retired post whore
8,463 Posts
That looks like an H7 kit to me.

·
Registered
1,823 Posts
That looks like an H7 kit to me.
agreed, starrotors is a good company, make sure you ordered the right size, if thats still not the problem im sure you can send the wire that goes to stock back to them and they will send you the right one, u dont wonna hard wire it you will void your warrenty if you cut any of the starrotors kit

·
Registered
299 Posts
Ok guys installed the fuking lights, turn bike on no lights, wait a few secs no lights shut bike off

the two connectors go to the light bulb, got that installed the bulb, connected all as is, but the circled area does not fit the housing for the stock power source where the old bulb was connected

did I get the freaking wrong ballast
hmm before anything I would call Rick from Starrotor just to make sure that the wiring kits for the h7 bulbs are the same as the h9, If they are from what i see in the PIC have you tried to tun the Female connection around when trying to connect it to the stock power source (I know dumb question but hey second Mechanic coming thru) also it seems that two little plastic pieces that connect to those two little metal pieces I know that doesnt sound right but can you take a PIC of all the parts that came with the Kit please

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
The harness from the ballast to the OEM headlight plug is a generic harness, it fits everything and requires splicing to fit. Most of these cheap kits come that way as H11 isn't as common. A quick fix is to get a headlight plug from a 9005 or 9006 bulb type and splice it to that HID harness and it's an OEM fit. I have an extra one at home pre made so if you need one let me know.

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ninja I have the stock bulbs still, would I be able to splice the generic connectors to the stock bulb connectors somehow

thx

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
hey guys if i do splice which wires are the positives

I know on the hid kit the red is positive

on the bike there are four two for each headlight

there is red and black for low beam, and blue and black for high beam??

·
Registered
299 Posts
hey guys if i do splice which wires are the positives

I know on the hid kit the red is positive

on the bike there are four two for each headlight

there is red and black for low beam, and blue and black for high beam??
Dude just call Rick from Star rotor. he will help you with the kit.

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
thx guys

Rick shipped out new connector wires to me

thx for all the help

·
Registered
299 Posts
Smart move...:ayyy:

let us know how the install goes now.

·
Custom Powder Coater
6,560 Posts
Looks Like i gotta get one of these my A&R kit ballast blew last night while riding had to switch over to the high beam ballast to get home...:bs: Had it for a couple years I think?

I cant beat the star rotors both for 99 shipped gonna get me some LEd marker lights as well and switch from 6k to the 5k kit for even more light :eyecrazy:.

The install looks the same as i have now,Does Anybody know the warranty for this star rotor kit??

·
Registered
284 Posts
thx guys

Rick shipped out new connector wires to me

thx for all the help
the plugs fit but its a really tight squeeze. you have to push it in hard till u hear the click. i mean hard. the plug from the ballast is tight but definitely works. a couple of guys on this thread went thru that problem. correct plugs but push that sucker tight till the fastener clicks

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

·
Registered
267 Posts
the plugs fit but its a really tight squeeze. You have to push it in hard till u hear the click. I mean hard. The plug from the ballast is tight but definitely works. A couple of guys on this thread went thru that problem. Correct plugs but push that sucker tight till the fastener clicks
:+1: Push

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
the plugs fit but its a really tight squeeze. you have to push it in hard till u hear the click. i mean hard. the plug from the ballast is tight but definitely works. a couple of guys on this thread went thru that problem. correct plugs but push that sucker tight till the fastener clicks
ninja are you saying the ones I have already will fit

wont fit man, I tried hard pushing them no click, I even took teh plsstic guide out of the stock female housing, no luck

I think the new connectors will be fine once they come in

thx guys

1 - 19 of 19 Posts