Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have any of you successfully installed a Starlane Engear on your ZX-10R?

I have a 07 that I am having a problem correlating the bike schematic to the Engear wiring. Here's where I'm stumped.

RPM Signal:
I cannot find the RPM sensor wire on the schematic. I'm guessing it may be the Brown/Red wire that runs directly between the gauge cluster and the ECU.

...or should I tie into the Crankshaft sensor wire? If so, should I splice into the Black wire or the Red/Black wire.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

·
Registered
636 Posts
Yup, I had one on my 06 and its one of the best (very fast) out there.
All wires where found behind the cockpit, I remember it was a 15 minutes install.

Tonight I will look if I still have the wire schematic of the 06/07 in the garage.
But its maybe quicker to email them cuz they have the color codes for almost each sportbike which they can send you back.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ah Ha! I found what I needed. It is on page 16-70 of the service manual. It gives pin functions and I'll just have to compare to the wire colors in the mating connectors. that should be easy enough.

Yes, it does read the gear pretty fast...at least on my 12. The only drawback is when you pull in the clutch as you are coming to a complete stop and your RPM's don't match "expected" road speed. What really got my interest with Engear is the shift indicator LED. It is MUCH brighter than I realized it would be, and that is awesome on track day. With a double bubble shield it fits high near your line of sight too for added insurance.

Thanks for your offer to help.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts