Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Servo's Eliminatus ;)
6,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This may be old and I did a search here to see if anyone had posted about it and did not find anything on it.
So here is what my wife says to me...

Do not EVER buy anything from Starbucks.
I'm like WHY ???

She says read this...
Shortly after the Sept. 11 attack, rescue workers rushed into a nearby Starbucks store to get water to treat shock victims, Rapisarda said. Ambulance company workers said employees in the shop demanded they pay $130 for three cases of bottled water. The workers paid cash, out of their own pockets.

Can you freakin believe that :eyecrazy::eyecrazy:
Talk about taking advantage of a situation during a disaster.

They have since gone back and reimbursed the rescue workers,
only because of the bad press it caused them.
But it's too late for that in my book.
I will NEVER EVER buy any of their products.

Sorry Static, but this just don't sit well with me.
In times of disaster, we Americans, should pull together to help one another.
NOT make a profit from it.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Who treats shock with bottled water? Maybe NY has different protocols... Also you can't judge an entire corporation on the actions of a couple dipshits working in one store right?

·
Servo's Eliminatus ;)
6,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Servo's Eliminatus ;)
6,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Who treats shock with bottled water? Maybe NY has different protocols... Also you can't judge an entire corporation on the actions of a couple dipshits working in one store right?
They were using it to get ash and debris out of their eyes and faces.

·
Does not drive into smoke
2,156 Posts
Also you can't judge an entire corporation on the actions of a couple dipshits working in one store right?
It's exactly the opposite. Individuals usually follow corporate guidelines and when shit happens they take the blame instead of the suits in penthouse offices.

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
13,810 Posts
The comment in the yahoo article is very interesting. COMPLETELY different version than the article leads on. I seriously doubt there were employees of the shop still serving coffee while the city was coming down around them. Something is fishy and I dont buy the "facts" given out in these articles. Something smells like :bs: to me.

But I don't drink Starbucks anyway, so it's no hair off my nuts either way. Sorry Static.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I hate to say this actually let me rephrase that, it sickens me to the pit of my stomach to say this.
Americans dont as a whole care about things like this youll hear, oh it was so long ago or its just one place. If they go there they wont stop and make excuses why its fine. After all it aint there problem why should the care. The hindenburg crashed and the reporter was im tears, 9/11 happend and the reporters started drooling over the ratings they could get. Someday hopefully america will have a resurrection, but it dont look good.

·
Registered
2,105 Posts
I'm gonna kill static ip!!! Right in my backyard too! You're finished in this town buddy! Plus I like dunkin donuts more anyway fool! Yeah I said that in the mr. T voice :lol:

·
Registered
427 Posts
The comment in the yahoo article is very interesting. COMPLETELY different version than the article leads on. I seriously doubt there were employees of the shop still serving coffee while the city was coming down around them. Something is fishy and I dont buy the "facts" given out in these articles. Something smells like :bs: to me.

But I don't drink Starbucks anyway, so it's no hair off my nuts either way. Sorry Static.
Lots of internet sensationalism going around about all subjects....here's what they do for the military. Enough for me....

http://news.starbucks.com/about+starbucks/myths+facts/militarydonations.htm

·
Servo's Eliminatus ;)
6,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

·
Registered
1,161 Posts

I'm with you. Sounds pretty odd.

And i'll add, i don't drink any coffee. I love the aroma, yet hate the taste. My wife insists i'd love any caramel-mocha-iced-blay-blah blah they sell at starbucks. And she's probably right. But for what i would pay for one, i can buy a 1/2 gal of any blue bell ice cream and it would last me for a couple weeks. Sorry, static.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts