Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, is anyone else here into stand-up skis? I just bought an 89 650SX (Gotta keep Kawis in the fleet!) And I'm super excited. I rode one for the first time ever last weekend and really enjoyed it... I think I'm better than average for a beginner so that helped.

Well just curious if anyone else up here had one, I will post pics of mine soon :)

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
The only time I've been on one was in a reservoir in WY. I didnt even try to stand up on it due to the 40 degree water (there was still ice in places!), wasnt gonna risk falling. They do look fun tho.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Haha actually yea. I just got one out on the water today. I have 3 at my house. Two are my brothers friends that I have been working on getting out on the water and One that is my brothers. All Kawi, 2 650's and 1 750. I think the 650's are mid-late 80's models and the 750 is 90's. I love Stand-ups.

·
Chairman of the Board
16,020 Posts
I used to ride the old Kawi 550. They are a blast! A real workout too if your not used to it.

·
Blitzkrieg
4,473 Posts
i used to ride them back in the day, the 550, then 650sx(first kinda sit down). last one i rode was the yamaha super jet several years ago. they are fun to ride, def takes a little getting used to.

·
Registered
2,897 Posts
yeah I use to ride them as well, my buddies wife raced them for severarl years and was really good she had 2 kawis one sit down and a stand up and man both were fast as hell both were race ready and had lots of mods on them.. I had that stand up going as fast at it would go on a flat as a pancake river racing the sit down.. LOL of course I was kneeling in the tray on that one... but they are a great work out for sure and fun as hell you can drag your elbows on the stand ups LOL when taking corners.... fun I wish I were rich id have me some LOL ..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts