Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What type rear stand do I need for the ZX-10? Spool or non-spool?

What budget stand can you recommend? Just for use for basic maintenance stuff around the garage, not for track-day use.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well, I don't need them this instant so I cannot take advantage of the October sale (it's November now anyway) so not sure what the regular prices would be. From the thread I take it the spool-version is the one to get and then I need to order 10mm (?) spools separately?

Thanks for the replies (hey I'm used to having a center stand on the ZZR 1200 so forgive the newbie question)

·
Registered
34,537 Posts
clausiam said:
Well, I don't need them this instant so I cannot take advantage of the October sale (it's November now anyway) so not sure what the regular prices would be. From the thread I take it the spool-version is the one to get and then I need to order 10mm (?) spools separately?

Thanks for the replies (hey I'm used to having a center stand on the ZZR 1200 so forgive the newbie question)
no sweat as it happens everyday with all diff subjects.

BD

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
Without a doubt - Pitbull

·
Banned
150 Posts
I saw one in a mag that I wanted to check out but lost the mag..lol

it had a forward facing handle, which looked way easier for putting it on the stand by yourself.

anyone know the name of this thing.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
??? said:
I saw one in a mag that I wanted to check out but lost the mag..lol

it had a forward facing handle, which looked way easier for putting it on the stand by yourself.

anyone know the name of this thing.
Probably this one?
http://www.pit-bull.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=23_182&products_id=69&osCsid=f50317e6fd4bb07f7b619586b4115001

Easier to use probably, but wouldn't the handle get in the way more than a rear facing handle. Most things you'd be doing you'd be working right around where that handle is on the floor.

·
Banned
150 Posts
clausiam said:
Probably this one?
http://www.pit-bull.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=23_182&products_id=69&osCsid=f50317e6fd4bb07f7b619586b4115001

Easier to use probably, but wouldn't the handle get in the way more than a rear facing handle. Most things you'd be doing you'd be working right around where that handle is on the floor.

hmmm, well it wasn't a pit bull but same idea...

as for being in the way, I don't think it would bug me while cleaning my chain and it would be even more out of the way while taking the wheels off for new tires. that's about all I really do other than wash it and change oil..lol

what are you thinking that it would be in the way of?

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
Pit Bull and since you are in Georgia you might want to get them directly from pit bull because they just come out of Huntsville Al. and if you get them from elsewhere the cost is usually more unless they drop ship. Got mine direct and no one else could beat their price.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
clausiam said:
Now that's cheap. It says "carbon steel" in the ad, but it looks suspiciously like aluminum. Wonder if it's you get what you pay for ... :dontknow:
:iamwithst

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
I just bought Front and Rear stands built by Thruster off ebay delivered for $120. Get them tomorrow. Online qualily looks Pitbull.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts