Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have read somewhere before that getting a good aftermarket shock improves obviously the rear but also the stability at the front, I still think the 10R needs a damper but was wondering if anyone out there can attest to this line of thought.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
370 Posts
sp500 said:
Have read somewhere before that getting a good aftermarket shock improves obviously the rear but also the stability at the front, I still think the 10R needs a damper but was wondering if anyone out there can attest to this line of thought.
Can't comment on the suspension, but having just added a Scotts, I can honestly say that I would never go back to riding without it. Now I feel like I can completely control the firebreathing beast!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah will probably do the same, was just interested if anyone had heard this line of thought, I'm sure it does help somewhat but the damper is the best option and cheaper.
 

·
Hillbillie Mod
Joined
·
20,155 Posts
Dampers? I dont need no stinkin dampers!!

I say that, however I haven't wrecked yet either... [smilie=d:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
34,537 Posts
hillcountry10r said:
Dampers? I dont need no stinkin dampers!!

I say that, however I haven't wrecked yet either... [smilie=d:[/quote]

No, but you do require a diaper. [smilie=w:

BD
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
370 Posts
hillcountry10r said:
Dampers? I dont need no stinkin dampers!!
Don't knock it 'till you try it, man. Ran through Lime Creek and back home with it tonight, and it felt much better. Over those nasty patches of Valente and Bullick Hollow it was solid as a rock.

Hell, if you promise not to crash my bike I'll let you give it a try :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,262 Posts
Big Daddy said:
hillcountry10r said:
Dampers? I dont need no stinkin dampers!!

I say that, however I haven't wrecked yet either... [smilie=d:[/quote]

No, but you do require a diaper. [smilie=w:

BD[/quote]

yeah BD.... don't knock it til you try it... [smilie=b:
 

·
Hillbillie Mod
Joined
·
20,155 Posts
Ive only needed a diaper one time...b/c of lack of damper. Man that was scarry!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:
Once I got my suspension set up right though, its all good!! :D Sometimes I get head shake on serious accelerations, but I just squeeze my knees on the tank and keep the throttle wide open!!! Its worked so far... :)

Lime creek rules!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Have done some hard acceleration runs past couple of days from 0kph and have no problem with shakes, its only when your doing a high speed run tends to be effected by bumpy road surfaces, but is really not that bad, a damper will no doubt solve the little wiggles I've been getting. :cool:
 

·
Я - Ребен&#108
2016 ZX10R Race & 2016 ZX10R Street
Joined
·
3,648 Posts
Blue men group

Pros and Cons:

Pro:
just installed my dampner this morrining (1am) went on a quick 5 mile blast and back and it is a mirricale worker, now i can really feel how light the front end is without adding the wiggles :shock:

Con:
while looking the bike over noticed the bottom 2 screws on the head light are missing :eek: :x i just cant win. i swear im going to look like the blue men group by the time i finish lock tighing this thing down. :eek:
 
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Top