Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was on US Hwy 27 (A busy highway) the other day when I noticed a red Honda CBR 600rr. While admiring the bike I noticed the rider was no doubt squidding. Shorts, sandals, short sleeve shirt, and no gloves. That didn't really strike me as odd being that 1 out of 10 riders wear gear down here.

What dropped my jaw is when I noticed the passenger. No more than a 10 year old with the same attire. He was wearing a motocross helmet at least. I almost went to fallow this ass hat and tell him what a BD he is for putting a child in a stupid situation. But I left it alone when he went full throttle on a very busy highway with a kid hanging on that could just get his hands around him.

It's one thing to put your own life at risk and not using common sense but to put a kid at the same danger of being mauled by the road or worse.... Pisses me off!!!

Just venting.................:angryfire :BangHead:

·
Starbucks Connoisseur
4,369 Posts
Common sense is not so common.

·
The Pace
6,962 Posts
Don't see that around here. Do see many with no gear, but have to wear a helmet here. But don't get upset at all. Some have to figure things out on their own is all. People all have different learning rates.

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Common sense is not so common.
Tru dat, should be called rare sence, shit I might get my daughter a new 4 wheeler and I have all the safety gear picked out for her, shur she could still get hurt but im going to do my damndest to avoid it.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Tru dat, should be called rare sence, shit I might get my daughter a new 4 wheeler and I have all the safety gear picked out for her, shur she could still get hurt but im going to do my damndest to avoid it.
I have no problems with kids and motorsports but like you said the parents (or responsible party) should do their damnest to avoid injury if the worst should.

You nailed the common sense thing. Not common at all anymore it seems.

I have rode my kids on my bikes but they were wearing pants, shoes, helmet, jacket, and gloves at a top speed of 30 mph.

And in Florida there is a law that says as long as you carry the state minimum insurance you are not required to wear a helmet. No age specified.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts