Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

First post on any forum...

So, on my ride to drop off my girl at her work I noticed a squeak coming from the left side gearbox area of my 09 10R. It would only be audible when I would put pressure on my gear shifter to upshift, then when I blip the throttle (clutchless shift) and shifted into the following gear it would get slightly louder till I removed the upward pressure. I fiddled with it at a red light and even at a stop the noise would be present when I applied upward pressure on the shifter.

I’m very mechanically savvy but this one has got me stumped a bit. I’m thinking it’s some type of metal to ??? contact since I haven’t changed out my stock clutch which now has about 16k mi (horrible on my part). Also I’m thinking it might have to do with my oil but I highly doubt it since I change it every 3k mi.

A little background on my bike, I bought it brand new in 2010, asshole lady caused me to wreck May 2012, and I resurrected it to working (not looking) like new DEC 2012. I ride Mulholland HWY aggressively like once a month now since I have new passions cuz hunting season is here. I drive it mostly at a calm pace for a bike so around 80ish MPHs.

I know I wrote a bit much but I didnt wanna leave any possible questions open.

I appreciate your input, thank you!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
...and now my bike does not want to down shift, im stuck in 4th... has to be my tranny or something around there

·
Grease Monkey Bandit
929 Posts
Pull swingarm axel, clean and regrease and reinstall, same with shock dogbone bolts and links. Tq to book specs.

On the shifting, you're either out of adjustment or you need to buy a shift shaft out of a 2010 as 08-mid 09 have weak shafts that bend and cause intermittent shifting issues, mostly downshifting. Try those out and let us know how it does.

I can get you the p/n for the shaft tomorrow when I get to my desk. Good luck.

Airborne you!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts