Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found this bolt that the indicator cowling attaches to underneath the headlights. I can't work out how to remove it so I can put new indicator cowling in. I tried to take some pics (attached).

Anyone seen this type of bolt before?

(Sorry I aint v mechanical)

Attachments

·
Chairman of the Board
16,018 Posts
You should be able to grab the non-threaded part of that with maybe some channel locks or vise grips and loosen that.

·
Servo's Eliminatus ;)
6,813 Posts
You should be able to grab the non-threaded part of that with maybe some channel locks or vise grips and loosen that.
You are correct sir...
I dont have any of that on my bike anymore.

·
Registered
544 Posts
No jus take 2 10mm nuts and thread one on tight then half turn tight then thread second one on and tighten half turn once tight then put wrench on 1st nut and back out will come off easy don't runin with Chanel locks

·
Servo's Eliminatus ;)
6,813 Posts
No jus take 2 10mm nuts and thread one on tight then half turn tight then thread second one on and tighten half turn once tight then put wrench on 1st nut and back out will come off easy don't runin with Chanel locks
:+1:
Well that makes a hell of a lot more sense than the channel locks.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sorry pics are bad.
There is a plastic clip but whenever I press it in or up it doesn't seem to loosen it.

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
Sorry pics are bad.
There is a plastic clip but whenever I press it in or up it doesn't seem to loosen it.
There is NO clip you need to take needle nose pliers loosen the bolt from the clip and when both sides and bolts are free there is plastic posts that will go free when pulled forward and release your fairing......unless your anal about scratch marks on that round cylinder that is never seen than that is the way you should do it and the way most do it. :wink:

bloo

·
Chairman of the Board
16,018 Posts
Yes sir. Thought about the old double nut solution well after I posted. Mine happened to be not much more than finger tight so just a tad of effort on the non threaded part and she broke free. Not sure about how yours are.

Not to thread jack but Don what did you replace yours with?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts