Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was told to go down 1 tooth on front sprocket, but guy at dealership told me it would run miles up on bike. Does this happen? He told me to go up 3 on back sprocket instead. thanks for help

·
Yankee Racer
14,838 Posts
i was told to go down 1 tooth on front sprocket, but guy at dealership told me it would run miles up on bike. Does this happen? He told me to go up 3 on back sprocket instead. thanks for help

Either way would run up miles me thinks. You can get a speedohealer though and that would fix that problem.

·
Registered
34,537 Posts
1st step, do not talk to guy @ dealership any longer. 2nd step is either use a 16t or +2 rear and install a SH as Agent mentioned. The SH is programable to correct the positive tach/speedometer readings therefor no more unnecessary mileage and tach error.

BD

·
Gone
673 Posts
i reckon the one of the reasons the 'steal'-ership told you that is cause a rear sprocket costs more than a front one. more $$$ for them :( and proly didn't know what he was on about too.

·
Registered
31 Posts
It will too run the miles up, thats one of the reasons I put my stock one back on,,,I know for a fact it will because I tested it myself between two points with each sprocket up there and with the 16t I ended up with more mileage on the gauge....They guy is right

·
Registered
34,537 Posts
It will too run the miles up, thats one of the reasons I put my stock one back on,,,I know for a fact it will because I tested it myself between two points with each sprocket up there and with the 16t I ended up with more mileage on the gauge....They guy is right
yes it will HOWEVER when the guy tells him to go to +3 rear it in essence does the very same thing......adds unnecessary mileage along with speedo/tach error so the guy at the shop has emplied the +3 rear won't have the same effect when in fact it will so no he is NOT right.

BD

·
Yankee Racer
14,838 Posts
read answers before posting....:mrgreen:

·
Registered
474 Posts
Whenever you change gearing you have to install a Speedo Healer.Because both speedometer and mileage will be wrong.
Also if you use the search feature you'll find out the speedometer is off a little from the factory.I forget the exact error percent.But with the Speedo Healer you can correct this.
Pretty much a no brainier

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
i know it is off from factory already, i was just curious as if he was telling me shit or not, because he said go up 3 in the back. I thought it would do the same thing. Anyway thanks for replies

·
Registered
39 Posts
down 1 in the frt , 2 up in the rr wheelies like a bastard out of every corner , its a beautiful thing. mileage is just a number like ur age u just keep getting better n better. previous bike was a 96 zx7r with 190k still tore the ass off every 900cc i came across. put a sh on and ride the hell out it, remember ur riding the big K it can take it

·
Registered
201 Posts
Sorry im just tryin to understand so it would be more to my benefit to do the -1/+2 or +3 rear?
A -1 front is almost the same as +3 in the rear. Just as BD described. If you don't want to mess with the front, a +3 in the rear would almost be the same. Do a +2 in the rear if you don't want a drastic change.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts