Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone know if the rear sprocket from a 05/06 will fit the gen 1 zx10's? I know that they come 520 from the factory, but i would to find out if the bolt pattern is the same.
cheers

·
Custom Powder Coater
6,560 Posts
does anyone know if the rear sprocket from a 05/06 will fit the gen 1 zx10's? I know that they come 520 from the factory, but i would to find out if the bolt pattern is the same.
cheers
:dontknow: but the 06/07's came with a 525 from fact. at least mine did(06)

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hmm, well i could be wrong then. I was told on the wera forums that they were 520.

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
All the ZX10R's Gen 1 (04-05) and Gen 2 (06-07) come with a 525 stock. As far as the sprockets working yes I believe the Gen 2 sprockets will work on the Gen 1 but the chain length will be different. So new chain possibly.

·
Registered
2,528 Posts
If I'm looking at this right I think he's asking if a sprocket from an 05/06 6R would fit on an 04/05 10R?!?!

And if that's the case I don't believe so...probably different teeth counts and I don't recall factory size being 520 on a 6R but it could be possible. Sorry not sure about the bolt pattern either.

If you're in the states and wanna pay shipping I'd be happy to mail you the stock sprocket off my 05 so you can check it out...that's once my new one comes in which shouldn't be long.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
If I'm looking at this right I think he's asking if a sprocket from an 05/06 6R would fit on an 04/05 10R?!?!

If you're in the states and wanna pay shipping I'd be happy to mail you the stock sprocket off my 05 so you can check it out...that's once my new one comes in which shouldn't be long.
yeah, that whats im trying to find out....im racing at a new track this year (Brainerd) and i need new gearing for it. Sprockets aren't cheap and I wouldn't mind picking up some used ones, and because alot more people race the zx6's its easier to find sprockets for them. I run a 520 setup, it seems most racers do, so im not so worried about the pitch just if the bolt pattern is the same or not. Also, i should be able to figure this out without you having to ship your sprocket, but i appreciate for the offer

1 - 9 of 9 Posts