Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I get about 120 miles before the annoying little yellow light tells me I am about to run out of gas. I have a Yosh duplex pipe and custom mapped PC. Does anyone have an idea of how much milage I might loose if I go -1 on the front sprocket? :dontknow:

·
Hillbillie Mod
20,155 Posts
JodyH said:
I'm still hitting 120 to the light with a 16t.
No change that I can tell.
+1

I chaged the sproket with out really haveing mileage problems...

Ill tell you what did cause problems though is changing to an aftermarket exhast and riding in 40-50 degree weather...:eyecrazy:

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
hillcountry10r said:
+1

I chaged the sproket with out really haveing mileage problems...

Ill tell you what did cause problems though is changing to an aftermarket exhast and riding in 40-50 degree weather...:eyecrazy:
40-50 degree?I'm lucky to get that right now!!!! :badteeth:

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
ya - shouldn't change your gas milage unless you start cranking the throttle wide open now but you should have already been doing that!!!

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
dr_wookiee said:
ya - shouldn't change your gas milage unless you start cranking the throttle wide open now but you should have already been doing that!!!
^^^^ :badteeth: :lol: More throttle!!!!! :crackup:

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
I am always the pesimistic one then, how can you go from only being able to top out at 107 stock in first gear, then go -1 in front and then hitting 120 and say there is no change. It seems you speedo is reading faster now, which is adding miles to your bike.

I did this mod on my 03 636 and found for every 100 miles I was doing I was adding 6 miles to the bike, confirmed this with GPS and miles markers.

You may notice some loss in actual fuel milage as the motor is turning more RPMs at any given speed, but if you use a speedohealer then you can correct for the speedo error and actually stop the excess miles from adding onto the bike.

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Yeah, get the speedo healer. I have one that I never installed on my old 10. I'm not sure if I want to sell it yet cause I'm still looking in to getting another 10. As for the sprocket getting worse mileage - maybe it does a little, nothing you'd ever really notice.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts