Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, about that time to change out sprockets and chain. I know there are a bunch of different threads and stuff, but i couldn't quite find what i was looking for. I've used gearingcommander also and I just wanted to see what everybodies input is...

So I know a suggested setup is going -1/+2, but how many links does my chain need if I do this, since stock is 108 links? Is this a bad setup to do if you do a lot of long high way riding since RPM increases in each gear? Will my tire want to come up a lot more, or will this setup just give me a lot more low end torque and acceleration helping with twisties and shit?

I do an even amount of highway riding and back roads so I am just trying to find a setup that'll give me a little more low end acceleration, but not make the highway a lil rough.

Thanks for the input guys! Also, what speedo healer ya'll suggest? I think the motomummy is the cheapest ~80, anybody use it/is it difficult/work well?

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
I run -1 +3 on my Gen 4 and I use the stock chain, it still doesn't run high RPM on the highway but I'm sure it decreases too speed. Definatley helps in the low end though.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts