Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
718 Posts
I've seen gains with the street Sprint on the dyno but not a huge amount. You have to tune for it. Have one in my broken 13...

With that said, the new filter looks promising but it's new and I haven't seen any results cept for the runs brock posted.

For any high flow filter you can't jist tune on the dyno and expect it to be right. The fuel trims for each gear will be off.

I opted for the MWR WSBK filter myself since I know it shows real results.

·
Registered
2,187 Posts
one of the members after a sprint filter airbox was dirty all the time... never with the mrw filter...

just my .2 cents

·
Я - Ребен&#108
2021 ZX10R Street & 2016 ZX10R KRT Race build
3,748 Posts
High flow filters on average allows more dirt particles into the engine..
I guess if you only plan on keeping your bike until the next model...that is fine, but long term...will end up equaling a rebuild. Racers rebuild all the time so it do not matter. They can run a window screen lol.

·
Registered
718 Posts
High flow filters on average allows more dirt particles into the engine..
I guess if you only plan on keeping your bike until the next model...that is fine, but long term...will end up equaling a rebuild. Racers rebuild all the time so it do not matter. They can run a window screen lol.

Hey didn't you maps are an mwr map?

·
Registered
197 Posts
one of the members after a sprint filter airbox was dirty all the time... never with the mrw filter...

just my .2 cents

Might have been me.. P16 let’s too much dust in on the zx10rr but never had an issue with the P08 on the BMW.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
128 Posts
i just ordered one from Brock

·
Registered
128 Posts
i will, it will be a few months before i ride again

·
Registered
718 Posts
There will be gains. If it truly flows as well as their race filter then there is no way it doesn't show gains after tuning.

Problem with high flow filters is dyno tuning for ramair.

·
Registered
197 Posts
There will be gains. If it truly flows as well as their race filter then there is no way it doesn't show gains after tuning.

Problem with high flow filters is dyno tuning for ramair.

When I switched from sprint P16 to MWR Wsbk filter I noticed the AFR drop so the P16 does have more flow than the MWR, the fine sand in the air box is the worry though.

·
Registered
718 Posts
When I switched from sprint P16 to MWR Wsbk filter I noticed the AFR drop so the P16 does have more flow than the MWR, the fine sand in the air box is the worry though.

It's not surprising. I loved the Sprint filter. I'm just hoping the WSBK filter flows better than the P08.. if the new Sprint filter flows even better but filters as good as the p08 then I'll know I've made a mistake but but got a WSBK filter for 220 and I haven't seen any actual proof of the new Sprint filter doing what it claims yet. I suppose I could have waited but who cares. Maybe I'll switch when it's time to clean and oil this filter.. I hate having to do that

·
Registered
2,187 Posts
if it flows better but you see the airbox dirty, then is a no go Victor... a little hp does not make up for dirty going in the engine in my book...

·
Registered
718 Posts
if it flows better but you see the airbox dirty, then is a no go Victor... a little hp does not make up for dirty going in the engine in my book...
The p08 filter didn't leave the airbox dirty. What I'm saying is I hope the new Sprint filter is the same and not like the p16

I'm just questioning whether or not I'm going to be happy with the WSBK filter or if i should have got the f185 filter.

·
Registered
128 Posts
I just put it on mine.
Cant ride yet.
It does have a deeper, tourqe-e -r sound to it when revving.
First filter change on bike,, Was fairly clean in box. A little dirt residue,, lots of bugs around edges of filter. OEM

·
Registered
2016 Kawasaki ZX-10R KRT ABS Edition
683 Posts
Sprint advertises the highest amount of airflow and particle filtration. They ran an airflow test and far exceeded their competitors (likely due to their filter material choice). Their filters are expensive, and I guess you get what you pay for if you're really nit-picky. The only gains you're gonna see are going to be in the top end though. It might make the difference between 196 and 200HP at the end of the day on a dyno in the right environment with an experienced tuner. I've ran both BMC and Sprint (currently w/ Sprint) and hardly notice a difference. For costs sake I might just stick with BMC and put the $20 savings towards gear.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts