Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 08 zx-14 and im looking to do A 40-50 SHOT. Do I need springs and retainers? I'm thinking I will do them either way as I know I will eventualy want to up the shot but I am on a stock long block/and cams bike. Do I need retainers or will springs be good enough for a 60-75 shot(in the long run) Who is giveing the best bang for buck on a good set of springs. I want a good product but on a semi budget. Orient express sells a set of springs for like 160 bucks is that a good set of springs? I read a few people are useing carpenter single springs and stock retainers with no issues, but I want to hear from the n2o guys.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
cOME ON N2O GURU'S ANYONE HAVEING SUCCESS WITH ANY OTHER KIT THEN A.P.E.?

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
:dontknow: come on i want to know too:bump:

·
Registered
374 Posts
I'm using APE springs and retainers on my 07 ZX14 with a 60 hp shot ....... ooooops just noticed other then APE.

·
Registered
779 Posts
Not to knock Ape but I've heard not to use their springs from the guys around here here who are spraying 100 to 150. No complaints about their keepers or retainers or any other parts for that matter, just heard horror story's about spring in big cam/spray/bore busa motors. I do know of a stock motor HD springs only 14 spraying a 100 thats very well in the 5's, been together from over a year now too. I got a set of carpenter spring for my 10, btw I am in no means bashing APE I do like and use there stuff.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts