Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5,042 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Which do you racers out there recommend replacing first, the springs or the shock. I need to do it anyways because I weigh in at 225 with gear so I figure I might as well do it right, thanks.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Replace the shock first, make sure the spring is right on it. If you get the back of the bike to work first, the front will be much easier to sort out

·
Registered
5,042 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Even though the shock is far stiffer you guys think I should do that first instead of my forks? Hopefully I will be able to do them both at the same time that would be the best thing.

·
Registered
34,537 Posts
Yup. Doing both would be best but given a choice between the two a shock would be (and was) my choice. The forks have springs capable of handling your weight already so finding a decent setup for the front end is easier.

BD

·
Registered
5,042 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Cool just all this talk of the forks and all being set up for 150-180 pound rider I thought I should probably spen some serious time with my suspension since I like to ride pretty hard and plan on doing some track days this year.

·
OMG Look at that squid!!
2,595 Posts
Yep... The rear shock is way soft for us bigger guys. I am putting a new spring on mine. The front is working well for me and was in range when setup correctly for my weight.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts