Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Banned
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Getting a new bike in feb. And thinking of stocking up on the teflon spray from lowes ....does it lube as good as oil spray ?........... Sure its cleaner to use

·
Registered
1,382 Posts

Motul chain lube.... best stuff money can buy, and it doesnt flick off like oil and doesnt gum up like wax.

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
You have probably three good recommendations above. I swear by the red can Honda HP7, but I haven't tried the others. Something tells me the Lowes teflon spray is for screen door hinges and wants no part of a motorcycle chain.

·
MIA Post Whore
8,727 Posts
Something tells me the Lowes teflon spray is for screen door hinges and wants no part of a motorcycle chain.
The Dupont is sold at Lowes. I'm wonderring if he's maybe referring to the Dupont Dry Teflon lube that recently was renamed the chain lube, or the Dupont Teflon multipurpose lube which is advertised as a dry lube but is best used for hinges, cables, clutch perches, ect... Their whole line is quality, but the chain specific is the most fling reesistant.

http://www2.dupont.com/Consumer_Lubricants/en_US/products/dryfilm.html

·
Banned
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks MIYKL thats the stuff ...guess they all work good the non-stick has the better temp resistant and goes on dry but leaves a grease film i want the cleanest one so the rear pollished swing arm dont get messy. always ben useing maxima and over doing it, but it is great stuff too..seems the multi stuff is ok

·
Registered
916 Posts
How many threads are out here with these sort of information? about chain grease, motor oil, tires, etc...?
but btw I'm using this one here
BelRay Chain lube, it sticks to the chain and very rarely do I find a little spot under the back end of the bike, The one I'm using is white, so I can see when it's used up and then spray on more, I do that about every 500-600 miles anyways:thumbsup:

Attachments

·
Banned
2,838 Posts
I use the blood of an unborn yack! then sprinkle it with dried ground puppies! puppies work great for all kinds of things! here is my new crash cage on my stunt bike! I'm thinking about marketing this idea!

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Do a ZX10r forum search for chain lubes, theres alot of info. I just can't resist recommending the red can Honda HP7, I've used it for many years and I know this stuff is chain magic in a can. :wink:

·
Registered
550 Posts
Most chain waxes/lubes work very well, to ensure that it doesn't fly off the chain do the following: clean chain throughly, take bike for a 10-15 minute ride to heat chain up, come back and apply chain lube/wax. The heat from the chain should for the most part ensure little to no excess lubricant/fly off......

Btw, I do the above steps and use Maxima and haven't had any issues....my .02.

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
On a sealed O ring or X ring chain you should worry more about keeping it clean than what type of lube to use.

A clean chain and a thin layer of lube (mostly to prevent rust) will do the trick. You will do more harm than good with some of the waxes and lubes availible. Grim will start to build and destroy the O rings.

·
Registered
916 Posts
this stuff here works wonders , then when you get all cleaned up and a ready for the night on the town you put some in your hair so the wind dont mess it up and your good to go.... :mrgreen:
:spit::crackup::crackup::crackup:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts