Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As we speak Im spray painting my stock windshield. On the inside of course with flat black spray paint. I dont like the look of the double bubble screen and I havent found a tinted stock '05 636 one so I just decided to take off my stock one and spray it. Ive seen it done before and looks just fine. Just thought Id share!! :hello:

·
Registered
144 Posts
Yup my friend did it on his SV1000s...same as you have described and I could not tell the difference between my ZG dark smoke and his painted! :dontknow:

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
zx10ragentorange said:
Spray paint makes it easy to see though too right..... but I guess you won't be doing any type of that kind of riding:dontknow:
I couldnt get low enough to save my life to see through it anyway so Im not too worried about it.

·
Still here
9,059 Posts
vettewreck said:
As we speak Im spray painting my stock windshield. On the inside of course with flat black spray paint. I dont like the look of the double bubble screen and I havent found a tinted stock '05 636 one so I just decided to take off my stock one and spray it. Ive seen it done before and looks just fine. Just thought Id share!! :hello:
That's answer D to the first question from the Sport Rider's squid test. Add 4pts:badteeth:

http://zx-10r.net/forum/showthread.php?t=12782&highlight=squid+test

·
Registered
469 Posts
Haha

Attachments

·
Registered
469 Posts
I've been wanting to use that one vettewreck.....just had to break your ballz :thumbsup:

·
Hillbillie Mod
20,155 Posts
That pics funny! :lol:

Also, Id like to see the final results!

·
Hillbillie Mod
20,155 Posts

·
Registered
11,624 Posts
Love the "squid of the day" award, Eric. Maybe we should have a squid of the week, month, year award, judged by a panel or the moderators. I can see it now: "Thank you fellow members for this award....."

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
Pics will be nice man. I think I'm actually goin' back to a clear screen. The dark smoke looks cool but ya can't see through it. Most of the time its fine but fast sweepers it seems my depth perception is thrown off a little. Stickin' with the db of course though. Maybe a light smoke would suit me better.

·
Yankee Racer
14,838 Posts
NATOR said:
Pics will be nice man. I think I'm actually goin' back to a clear screen. The dark smoke looks cool but ya can't see through it. Most of the time its fine but fast sweepers it seems my depth perception is thrown off a little. Stickin' with the db of course though. Maybe a light smoke would suit me better.
yeah i got a light smoke DB Puig and you can see through it just fine at 180mph and it helps with the light a bit. <---Lookin through it in my avatar

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
zx10ragentorange said:
yeah i got a light smoke DB Puig and you can see through it just fine at 180mph and it helps with the light a bit. <---Lookin through it in my avatar
Excellent! It just seems I find myself actually lookin' around it at times when I shouldn't be. I'd like to stay smoked so I think I'll go that route. Thanks 'agent! I guess theres a reason the pro's don't run 'em huh???

1 - 20 of 25 Posts