Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did anyone had a chance to read the latest SportRider magazine? They have an article comparing the Gsxr1k, ZX10R,ZX14 and Hayabusa inside a wind tunnel. The funny thing is SportRider (pro Suzuki) defended the title of the Hayabusa again. They said the Hayabusa still reigns supreme inside the wind tunnel. Its funny when they compared the bikes. The riders are fully tucked behind the windscreen while looking directly at the gas tank. What's the difference in conducting a test if its not real world. On the other test they took off the mirrors on the bikes. I mean... when was the last time you took off your mirrors to race someone on a straightaway. I don't know what Sportrider magazine is up to, but its very obvious that they need to get off Suzuki's dick.:eyecrazy:

·
Registered
657 Posts
maybe next time you should actually read the article rather than just looking at the pictures. they explain everything you're mad about, and no, they did not run the tests with the riders looking at the gas tanks. read the article before you start bitching about anyone being pro-anything.

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
Yup, saw the article. Don't really care if the gixxer is a little more aerodynamic stock for stock. The top speeds were based on 160 RWHP, and we all know that the 06 has (by some) been dynoed slightly above that (stock).... It's all relative nonetheless, with all the performance mods out there especially. Besides, you throw a double bubble racing screen on, and it's a whole 'nuther ball game...

D

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
SecretAgent said:
maybe next time you should actually read the article rather than just looking at the pictures. they explain everything you're mad about, and no, they did not run the tests with the riders looking at the gas tanks. read the article before you start bitching about anyone being pro-anything.
Listen up SQUID! you know what "real world" means? If you can't read in between the lines I can't help you. :idea:

·
Supercharged Mod
4,391 Posts
Okay, then, what does "real world" mean?

The only place the top speed of these bikes are legally and quasi-safely explored is on the racetrack, and for that, you take the mirrors off (in fact, you HAVE to take the mirrors off for all racing and most track-day events in order to pass tech inspection). For that case, removing the mirrors is entirely realistic. Having the mirrors off is not relevant for street riding ... but neither are speeds above 80 mph (which is the highest posted highway speed limit anywhere in North America) and for that, the aerodynamics hardly matter.

Regarding the windshield, I'm quite sure that with average North American riders, the ZX10R and GSXR1K in particular will be more aerodynamic with a taller windshield; it's impossible to even come close to tucking behind the stock one. But then you're not comparing stock-for-stock any more.

The Hayabusa is very well designed when it comes to aerodynamics. Suzuki got it right 7 years ago when they designed that. What's the problem with this?

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
speeds above 80 mph (which is the highest posted highway speed limit anywhere in North America) and for that, the aerodynamics hardly matter.

Are you serious! You're telling me that you don't ride pass 100MPH with your 10 on the highway.

·
Registered
6,354 Posts
:sleepy2: :sleepy2: :sleepy2: :sleepy2: :argue: :argue: :argue: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :pain10: :pain10: :pain10: :pain10:

1 - 20 of 34 Posts