Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Parkes & Morias 1st & 2nd in practice at Brands Hatch BSB. Both are riding as wildcards. Parkes a WSBK regular, Morias filling in again for Tamada, only the second time on a full WSBK spec bike.

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
thats awesome; BUT, dont get too excited. Its rare for the 10Rs to be able to keep up during race pace due to their setup issues

·
Guilty by association
8,751 Posts
i was watching Morias last week and he looked good for his first time out

·
La Flama Blanca
7,730 Posts
That would be like Ben Spies and Haga wild carding in a AMA race who cares. They are WSBK riders dropping down in competition to race BSB. Morias had a good ride going at Kylami so he has a little experience on the 10R this year. I am sure Hacking would be just as fast at Brands.

·
La Flama Blanca
7,730 Posts
i was watching Morias last week and he looked good for his first time out
He actually raced at Kylami WSBK he was easily the fastest kawi all weekend long. Just like Jamie was at Miller.

·
Registered
927 Posts
Hey at this point if any kawi can win a race anywhere they will take it. So can anybody remember when Kawi won a race in WSBK or AMA on the ZX10R?

·
La Flama Blanca
7,730 Posts
WSBK, Stalker in the wet. AMA, never, you have to go back to Eric Bostrom on the zx-7R

·
La Flama Blanca
7,730 Posts
What year was that? 1877
Actually, Stalkers win was in 06, on what, a second gen, making it what? Thats right the ONLY gen ZX-10R to win a race in the top level SBK chamionship. Take that Mantis lovers.

·
La Flama Blanca
7,730 Posts
Chris "Stalker" Walker, Stalker=Walker, same cat, hes a brit.

He won Assen in the rain, went from last to first, so yeah, a fluke no doubt, but a win none the less.

·
Funshine Bear
2,686 Posts
Actually, Stalkers win was in 06, on what, a second gen, making it what? Thats right the ONLY gen ZX-10R to win a race in the top level SBK chamionship. Take that Mantis lovers.
^^^^^^
:iamwithst:lol:

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I know I'm biased on this topic, I know Shez personally, but he is talented. At one of our Track-Daze events at Phakisa he was 3 seconds off Rossi's best lap there on the 990 M1. Shez was riding a ZX-10R in Superstock trim, ie std motor with pipe, filter and PowerCommander, Ohlins fork internals, Ohlins/Penske shock (they were testing both), treaded tires, braided hoses, 520 chain conversion and race fibreglass bodywork. Std wheels, brakes, swingarm etc etc.

I'm holding thumbs for the kid...

Attachments

1 - 14 of 14 Posts