Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Valentino Rossi will make a return to MotoGP action in Germany this weekend having opted to try and comeback from injury way ahead of schedule.

The nine-times world champion has declared himself fit to race having tested a factory spec Yamaha R1 World Superbike machine at Misano and Brno recently.

If Rossi now gets the all-clear from medical staff at the Sachsenring tomorrow, he will be back on his factory Yamaha YZR-M1 machine just 41 days after breaking his right leg in a horror high-side during practice for his home race in Mugello.

Rossi has decided to try and ride his Fiat Yamaha YZR-M1 after undergoing medical checks in Italy today (Italy).

The 31-year-old said: “"I'm really excited that my doctors think I can ride this weekend. Tomorrow I will see the medical officer and then we will have the final decision. I felt good on the R1 but I know my M1 at the track is a different thing and it will be hard for me, but I miss my bike and my team and I want to try. I am really looking forward to seeing everyone and being back in the paddock; I was tired of being at home! Wataru (Yoshikawa) will be there as well so if there is a problem he will ride my bike again."

The Italian has made a phenomenally quick recovery since his crash in early June. Aided by regular sessions in a hyperbaric chamber and intensive therapy, he will return to partner runaway world championship leader Jorge Lorenzo way ahead of schedule.

When Rossi suffered the worst injury of his illustrious career in Mugello, he was adamant he would not rush his return or try and make a comeback before he was fully recovered.

His initial target for his return was the Czech Republic MotoGP in Brno on August 15. But many thought he would delay a comeback until his home race in Misano in early September.

Rossi can’t walk without the aid of a crutch and as well as the strength in his right leg a concern, he’s also not fully recovered from the severe ligament damage in his right shoulder that he suffered in a motocross training accident in April.

But an impressive testing performance at the Brno circuit on Monday made it clear that Rossi was on course for a return.

Rossi completed 46 laps at the Czech Republic circuit, clocking a best time of 1.59.135 on a soft Pirelli qualifying tyre. His best lap on race rubber was a 1.59.8. That was 0.6s slower than Cal Crutchlow’s best on the R1 in the second race in Brno yesterday with the British rider posting a 1.59.291.

Rossi did though lap faster than former Monster Yamaha Tech 3 rider James Toseland. Toseland’s best in Sunday’s races was a 2.00.089. Track temperature though was cooler and more conducive to faster lap times today.

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
This is huge news and Im your first reply since you posted this morning!
Anyways, hope that Rossi, keeps the rubber side down and gains some valuable points. Hats off to him. Hes got some stones!

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
damn.valentino is a animal

·
Registered
550 Posts
"Rossi" the only man Chuck Norris avoids.........:lol:

·
Guilty by association
8,751 Posts
He is in some serious pain still, i dont think its a good idea for him to come back so soon, but these guys think different. look how much pain he is when he gets off the bike.

·
welds like he has palsy
1,761 Posts
He gets off the bike and walks away with crutches.......

After doing better lap times than Toseland!!!
:crackup:

·
Guilty by association
8,751 Posts
He gets off the bike and walks away with crutches.......

After doing better lap times than Toseland!!!
:crackup:
and the Kawasaki moto gp team. . . . . . . . . .oh, wait :badteeth:

·
welds like he has palsy
1,761 Posts
and the Kawasaki moto gp team. . . . . . . . . .oh, wait :badteeth:
Makes me sick. I wish they'd do something in Superbike and GP. Yeah, they're doing ok in Supersport, but come on, put some effort into the other classes.

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Makes me sick. I wish they'd do something in Superbike and GP. Yeah, they're doing ok in Supersport, but come on, put some effort into the other classes.
I have high hopes they're focused on the new bike and next season more so than the current one.

·
Chairman of the Board
16,056 Posts
Best of luck to him. It seems really early to me. I hope he doesnt jack himself up even worse.

·
Guilty by association
8,751 Posts
word

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
This is the MOST inspiring pic I have ever seen... This is Awesome Dedication to a passion most of us understand (I know I do):

Attachments

·
Registered
245 Posts
This is the MOST inspiring pic I have ever seen... This is Awesome Dedication to a passion most of us understand (I know I do):
You see that guy to the left, with a an scarf around his neck and clapping? Thats his father, I read that he was trying to convince him to stop for the rest of the year and even to quit motogp altogether, to it VR answered you don't quit motogp like that. Most inspiring that after this, his father is there supporting and inspiring...remember he has a pilot as well....

·
welds like he has palsy
1,761 Posts
I have high hopes they're focused on the new bike and next season more so than the current one.
I've always said the same thing, but at this point I've pretty much given up hope. If they do well next year in Superbike, then it will be a pleasant surprise, but I won't be holding my breath. As far as GP goes? :headshake

·
Registered
279 Posts
From MCN

Valentino Rossi produced a remarkable comeback to MotoGP this afternoon after the reigning world champion ended opening practice at the Sachsenring in seventh position.

Back on his factory Yamaha YZR-M1 machine just 41 days after suffering a compound fracture in his right leg during practice at Mugello, the Italian produced a stunning return and was running in the top three for much of the opening session.

Rossi was only passed fit to return four weeks ahead of schedule in Germany yesterday and hobbled to his Fiat Yamaha machine on one crutch during this afternoon’s sun drenched opening practice session.

The 31-year-old, who is riding using specially modified Dainese leathers and a new bigger right boot, was rarely outside the top six in a session that saw Spaniard Dani Pedrosa end up with the quickest time on his Repsol Honda RC212V machine.

All eyes though were on Rossi as the nine-times world champion returned having missed the last four races with the broken right leg he suffered in a massive practice high-side crash at Mugello in early June.

Rossi started the session with a ten-lap run and found himself in the top three with just 20 minutes remaining. A best lap of 1.23.269 at that stage left him just 0.120s off Casey Stoner, who was fastest at that point on board his factory Ducati GP10.

Rossi, who didn’t finish off the podium in 2010 before suffering the worst injury of his career, clocked his best time of 1.23.244 on his 29th and final lap to finish 0.723s behind Pedrosa.

But he was just over five-hundredths-of-a-second away from Ben Spies in fourth place.

Pedrosa drew first blood though in punishing temperatures with a best time of 1.22.521 coming on his final lap.

The triple world champion first moved to the top of the timesheets with 11 minutes remaining and then enjoyed an exciting duel for top spot with HRC-bound Aussie Stoner.

Pedrosa won the battle with his time edging out Stoner by 0.274s.

Factory Ducati team-mate Nicky Hayden was struggling outside the top ten until the closing stages when he suddenly surged up the leaderboard.

Less than a minute remained when he logged a time of 1.22.983 to secure third spot as he chases a first podium of the season.

Had it not been for Rossi’s impressive return then performance of the day would have gone to Monster Yamaha Tech 3 rider Spies.

The Texan slowly built up his confidence on his first visit to the tight and twisty Sachsenring and recovered after an early off track excursion on his YZR-M1 machine.

Five minutes were left on the clock when he set a best time of 1.23.189 to finish fourth.

He was only 0.206s behind Hayden with Marco Simoncelli showing signs of his growing confidence too. The Italian was fifth fastest with a best lap of 1.23.204 that beat runaway world championship leader Jorge Lorenzo by just 0.020s.

Lorenzo, who has won the last three races and not finished outside of the top two all season, was a lowly sixth.

The Spaniard, who holds a commanding 52-point lead over Pedrosa in the title hunt, ended with a best time of 1.23.224.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts