Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well it is here and as we all know it is the day for either Spies or Haga....

1st thing i noticed was that the aprilia looks to be running a new swingarm for this weekend, as i was comparing it next to the pics i have of it from 3 other weekends and it is more R1/motogp M1 type swinger.

2nd thing Spies R1 is pulling the top end to equal all the other brands and then some, hell even matched the Aprilia until later on when i am assuming the bike mapping was changed to make sure running out of fuel was not an issue..

ANd Spies Came out kicking ass from the get go, and Haga lowsided on the brakes into a corner, race 1 goes to spies for a full 25 points, thought biaggi was going to challenge but he ended with a handfull fo Rhea..
So in what 2 hours we have an answer to our WORLD CHAMP? :eek:ccasion1

anyone else watching this?
hopefully i get the Supersport race and kawi can keep it up...

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Thanks for all the autographs this year and a truely deserved championship...Ben Spies THANK YOU!

·
La Flama Blanca
7,730 Posts
Great second race, Spies was controlling the action, WSBK09 Champion.!

If you get a chance to hear his post race interview, he says and I quote "Thanks to Yamaha for giving me the Shit to win on, I love wining bets on live TV"
Obviously a friend or family member dared him to say that, lol. The guy actually does have a little bit of a personality.

·
Registered
987 Posts
YaaaahOOOO!! spies is the man:thumbsup::thumbsup:

·
Guilty by association
8,751 Posts
HELL yea that was great. Ben Spies 2009 superbike champ! bad ass. congrats to nori too, he really rode his ass off.

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I am still wondering why HAGA would push so hard in race 1 and low side,
1: you have a 10 point lead
2: you have a good pace and were not getting dropped from your position
3: there is a race 2 as well, so do some math in you head man

Guess the pressure was to much and he lost it again, like so many other years.

·
Registered
10,362 Posts
well, they said haga had the flu. Still, Ben won. you have to feel bad for Haga. he has three season where he came in second place. so close. yet so far. Here a question. Could Ben be the last American we see as as wsbk champ in a long time. With AMA being in a big mess. How can a American advance to wsbk.

·
La Flama Blanca
7,730 Posts

:+1: I was wondering that too, but i really think it was not gonna matter, I think Ben would have done teh double fairly easily if he had to. It was obvious to me he slowed after he got the board that haga was out in the first race, and the second race he very strategiclty sat in the position he knew where he needed to be. He played it very smart, although I washoping he would have done the double anyway:crackup:

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Well, what can one say? Ben had an amazing year and would have already had that championship wrapped up if not for ridiculous DNF's. He never gave up, rode his heart out, and pretty much made everyone look like DMG backmarkers in every session, superpole, and race. Kinda hate it for haga, but that's racing. He did give spies someone to race against and kept him honest. Best of luck to him next year, and to spies as he begins his motogp career.

·
welds like he has palsy
1,761 Posts

The announcers said Haga was running a hard compound and Spies was running a soft compound. They also said the hard compound would last the race in the hot day, but it did not give Haga any feel, thus he low-sided without even knowing it was about to happen. Haga ran the soft compound in race 2.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Haga will most likely take it next year, but he cracked like he always does... it sucks because he deserves to win.

·
Registered
4,818 Posts
I thoroughly enjoyed these two races....I couldn't believe Haga crashed out in race 1! I kept waiting for Biaggi to spear Spies in race two LOL. Congrats Spies.

·
Gun Owning Republican
5,278 Posts

That is why he is a rider and not a rocket scientist. :badteeth:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts