Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Spoiler!

·
Registered
528 Posts
Spoiler!
You kill my thread and then post the same thing? Sorry, I did not know that "kicking ass" was a definitive race result.:lol:

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You kill my thread and then post the same thing? Sorry, I did not know that "kicking ass" was a definitive race result.:lol:
If you think “Sykes kicking Ass” in the Title is not the same I don’t know what to say other than your interpretation is not like the masses or the Moderators and Admin on this site who enforce the rules.

http://www.zx-10r.net/forum/showthread.php?t=149641

From the above Rules link:
“or anything else that might give clues to race results”
YSR Specifically said read the other Moderator Threads if you still don’t understand:

http://www.zx-10r.net/forum/showthread.php?t=85501

in the above link I created I specifically said Threads will be deleted and Infractions handed out, there really should be no surprises if you read the rules and links all the Information is out there. :wink:

My Thread created here was to show others not sure if you have to absolutely talk about a Race or Rider this is how the Thread Title should start especially on the same day or even a few days later from Race day and is not related to me creating this Thread over yours but also to show the same message you tried but in the correct way. :wink:

Bloo

·
ZX-10R enthusiast
6,556 Posts
Subscribe to The666Sicco on YouTube for the WSBK races covered by EuroSport!

http://www.youtube.com/user/The666Sicco

I watched the WSBK Race1 yesterday and hooked my laptop up to the TV :)

Awesome race!! Sykes was doing work on the ZX-10R!!! Baz did great as well

Still haven't watched Race2 yet...

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Rules, rules....too many rules!
:badteeth:

Lol....I don't like to many Rules either but here on the .Net we love our racing or at least we use to and don't like spoilers.......If that changes and no one cares maybe we can change the rules...... in the meantime you can go to the Aprilia, Duk, BMW etc and get the Spoilers First hand in Real time but I am sure they are not gloating like some of us here...... let us be it doesn't happen to often:crackup::dontknow: :eek:ccasion1

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Lol....I don't like to many Rules either but here on the .Net we love our racing or at least we use to and don't like spoilers.......If that changes and know one cares maybe we can change the rules...... in the meantime you can go to the Aprilia, Duk, BMW etc and get the Spoilers First hand in Real time but I am sure they are not gloating like some of us here...... let us be it doesn't happen to often:crackup::dontknow: :eek:ccasion1
:+1: I know, jesus christ lol
Sorry Mang...Rules are Rules your not reading again all Infractions have been addressed or complaints answered, I suggest get over it all steps have been taken but what is getting lost here is the Greatness of the SBK Kawi team lets move on. :idea:

Bloo

·
La Flama Blanca
7,720 Posts
Guys just give it at least till Monday, a lot of us DVR the races and don't get to watch them till sunday night of monday. Memorial day weekend is the holy grail for racing fans, we had WSBK, Monoco GP, Indy 500 and Coke 600. Not enough hours to watch all that consecutively. True race fans know the races are on, they don't need a post the day of hinting as to the results. Obviously we knew Sykes had Superpole and when we see a post day of the race proclaiming "Sykes kicking ass" yeah, it kind of gives it way as to what happened. Better yet, the OP had hyperlinks that when you hovered over them, it showed the results :headshake Everyone should know by now, don't even waste your time posting threads with race results day of the race.

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
We're all rulebreakers by nature. None of us actually likes rules! That's why we like bikes that are hard to ride anywhere near the speed limit. :cool:

I quit posting much in the race threads because the spoiler affect is too much of a grey area. I think that if people don't want to know the results they should just stay the hell out of the forums until they've watched the race. Unless they live under a rock and don't look at anything else motorcycle related on the internet, it's gonna get spoiled anyway. I'm not bitchin....just sayin. Maybe it is time the rules get revisted? :dontknow: I'm willing the bet the reason that the past few race threads didn't see much action is because other people feel the same way. Nobody wants to get their wrists slapped because they said the wrong thing about the race results.

Hey, even though I'm not currently riding a 10R I still share the joy when the green machine is at the top of the podium. In fact, if you look over at AF1, most of those mugs are rooting for Sykes to win the championship too. The subject even came up about how much damage he might do if he was riding the Ape. We can all appreciate a good bike and rider when we see it (unless it's the BMW :mrgreen:), and give props to Kawi and Tom for the double this week.

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Guys just give it at least till Monday, a lot of us DVR the races and don't get to watch them till sunday night of monday. Memorial day weekend is the holy grail for racing fans, we had WSBK, Monoco GP, Indy 500 and Coke 600. Not enough hours to watch all that consecutively. True race fans know the races are on, they don't need a post the day of hinting as to the results. Obviously we knew Sykes had Superpole and when we see a post day of the race proclaiming "Sykes kicking ass" yeah, it kind of gives it way as to what happened. Better yet, the OP had hyperlinks that when you hovered over them, it showed the results :headshake Everyone should know by now, don't even waste your time posting threads with race results day of the race.
We're all rulebreakers by nature. None of us actually likes rules! That's why we like bikes that are hard to ride anywhere near the speed limit. :cool:

I quit posting much in the race threads because the spoiler affect is too much of a grey area. I think that if people don't want to know the results they should just stay the hell out of the forums until they've watched the race. Unless they live under a rock and don't look at anything else motorcycle related on the internet, it's gonna get spoiled anyway. I'm not bitchin....just sayin. Maybe it is time the rules get revisted? :dontknow: I'm willing the bet the reason that the past few race threads didn't see much action is because other people feel the same way. Nobody wants to get their wrists slapped because they said the wrong thing about the race results.

Hey, even though I'm not currently riding a 10R I still share the joy when the green machine is at the top of the podium. In fact, if you look over at AF1, most of those mugs are rooting for Sykes to win the championship too. The subject even came up about how much damage he might do if he was riding the Ape. We can all appreciate a good bike and rider when we see it (unless it's the BMW :mrgreen:), and give props to Kawi and Tom for the double this week.
I really don't have to say much 9R to 10R pretty much said it all except missed one Key Element that separates this Forum from others and that being is so active with members wanting to come here or browse all the time even on Race day they should not have to shy away from this site because a Few don't read the Rules.

Bennice you make good points if the Forum needs to explore the Rules we will it comes from the members usually but you make no sense saying I don't post here anymore because of the "Spoiler Effect" if you post in a Spoiler Thread Post away no one is stopping you and your welcomed to do the same not hard really only 2 rules to know....it's race day Start a thread with a Spoiler Tag and Put Spoiler in the Thread with a Topic with NO suggestive Information.....that's IT!!! :dontknow:

Bloo

·
Registered
4,733 Posts
Unless you live in the Batcave it is pretty tough to not be exposed to the results the same day. TV, Internet etc.. I just go on Facebook and bang! in your face! I seriously don't care about the results.. I wanna see the race!:eyecrazy::diablo_an:diablo_an

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Unless you live in the Batcave it is pretty tough to not be exposed to the results the same day. TV, Internet etc.. I just go on Facebook and bang! in your face! I seriously don't care about the results.. I wanna see the race!:eyecrazy:
I don't think you speak for the Masses though I don't even see ESPN posting SBK results not everyone is ON Face watever and never once been at a Job, baseball game, soccer game, Basketball game where a bunch of Jocks were talking about hey did you Hear Sykes just Won the Double in Dry weather. :heyyou::heyyou::lol::eek:ccasion1

Bloo

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
I don't know man. By noon on race day (unless its at Miller or another US venue) I already know the results whether I watch the race, visit a forum or neither. True that ESPN and the like don't give the sport any attention whatsoever, but there are tons and tons of other outlets. Times are different than just a few years ago. Most people are on some sort of social media, and there are tons of quality sites now and not just forums. I do think the SPOILER tags are a good thing, but I really don't see how race fans DON'T know the results whether they come here or not.

I don't want to turn this into an even longer drawn out thing though so ill leave it at that. I respect the rules even though I think their time may have passed. It would be good to get some more chatter in here though. It's been kinda dead this year so far.

So anyway, any bets on when Baz might score his next podium? Good to see him do pretty well, but it would be even better if he could score some more points so Kawi could close the gap in the manufacturer standings.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I don't know man. By noon on race day (unless its at Miller or another US venue) I already know the results whether I watch the race, visit a forum or neither. True that ESPN and the like don't give the sport any attention whatsoever, but there are tons and tons of other outlets. Times are different than just a few years ago. Most people are on some sort of social media, and there are tons of quality sites now and not just forums. I do think the SPOILER tags are a good thing, but I really don't see how race fans DON'T know the results whether they come here or not.

I don't want to turn this into an even longer drawn out thing though so ill leave it at that. I respect the rules even though I think their time may have passed. It would be good to get some more chatter in here though. It's been kinda dead this year so far.

So anyway, any bets on when Baz might score his next podium? Good to see him do pretty well, but it would be even better if he could score some more points so Kawi could close the gap in the manufacturer standings.

Baz Was Amazing he caused alot of Trouble for the Manufacturer Results. :thumbsup:

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

With that said keep in Mind our Admin YSR keeps up with the Times more than me I just don't see it right now how anyone can get more updated information just browsing the internet and their local fan sites that are NOT RELATED to ZX10Rs and Racing Here....If YSR sees it's time to change the Spoiler thing I will support it 100 percent but at this time for this Site considering the members we have now I Don't believe it applies just yet.... but I have been wrong before :wink:......cheers mate thanks for the feedback.

Bloo

·
Registered
528 Posts

Very well said. I was shocked when I got my message about "breaking the rules" and if things would lighten up around here, then maybe more people would care to chime in here in the Racing section.

Unless you live in the Batcave it is pretty tough to not be exposed to the results the same day. TV, Internet etc.. I just go on Facebook and bang! in your face! I seriously don't care about the results.. I wanna see the race!:eyecrazy::diablo_an:diablo_an
Very true, I found out immediately from a friend of mine...but I still watched both races afterwards anyway lol

Sorry Mang...Rules are Rules your not reading again all Infractions have been addressed or complaints answered, I suggest get over it all steps have been taken but what is getting lost here is the Greatness of the SBK Kawi team lets move on. :idea:

Bloo
mega :+1:

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
Very well said. I was shocked when I got my message about "breaking the rules" and if things would lighten up around here, then maybe more people would care to chime in here in the Racing section.

Very true, I found out immediately from a friend of mine...but I still watched both races afterwards anyway lol

mega :+1:
Lets put this in a little perspective not all have friends that ride Motorcycles my best Friend doesn't ride he doesn't know a SBK from GP, I work in the Geek area of business I am the only one that rides a Sport Bike to work these days no worry about spoilers there and like I said before no major Television posts results like ESPN etc. so if you come to the ZX-10r.net you would think you would be safe if the rules are in tact and the Moderators are in-forcing them? :wink:

Also, lets not forget your original Thread that got deleted by me already had a complaint by a long time member that had no time to watch the Races yet based on your original Thread Title a "Spoil" had occurred thus and forum rules violation as well when noticed.

As far as people caring about the racing section I think needs to be explored I am sure it has nothing to do with Infractions given out your the first in a long time I could remember. I believe and maybe wrong the television coverage is not like the old days, the AMA is dead, the GP is not televised anymore and no more Rossi vs Hayden things going on etc. etc. so really the only thing really going on is the SBK and NOW Kawi getting ready to take Charge in a World Wide Racing Series many could relate too and some I suspect will not like spoilers to those events.

With that said and I said it before we as a site can look at if spoiler rules are even needed as I do see a drop of interest on Track racing for the various reasons I spelled out on this site.

Bloo

·
Chairman of the Board
16,019 Posts
I don't think you speak for the Masses though I don't even see ESPN posting SBK results not everyone is ON Face watever and never once been at a Job, baseball game, soccer game, Basketball game where a bunch of Jocks were talking about hey did you Hear Sykes just Won the Double in Dry weather. :heyyou::heyyou::lol::eek:ccasion1

Bloo
:+1: I cant usually watch the DVR till at least Tuesday afternoon. I dont do Facebook and theres no worry of seeing anything posted on ESPN. As far as staying away from the forum until I watch the race, this is a ZX-10R forum not WSBK. I dont go to the WSBK site until after I see the races. So the spoilers are really appreciated by me. Thanks mods. :thumbsup:

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
:+1: I cant usually watch the DVR till at least Tuesday afternoon. I dont do Facebook and theres no worry of seeing anything posted on ESPN. As far as staying away from the forum until I watch the race, this is a ZX-10R forum not WSBK. I dont go to the WSBK site until after I see the races. So the spoilers are really appreciated by me. Thanks mods. :thumbsup:
Thanks for the Reply OR10.....that's now 2 long time and Respected Members on this site that want Moderator Protection of the 'Rules' I don't know how the other Moderators will react to such Violations I guess over the years I became the Main Contact and Response to Racing Spoilers so will give Notice again at THIS time if I see Spoilers the Rules WILL be enforced but for the others that do not agree Please use the Suggestions and Comments Forum why we should not enforce them or Suggestions how to make it better then the Moderators and Admin will discuss if necessary how to change the Rules if needed.

Thanks,
Bluedevil

1 - 20 of 28 Posts