Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 06 has 24000 k's on the clock with not one days hassle. After my last ride it stood a few weeks with very little fuel in the tank and the first ride after the lay off I noticed a "spluttering" out on the open road when I cranked the throttle full open. She always just pulled, after say 80-100 k's of hard riding it seems to improve but not like it was. I have ridden out 4 tanks of fuel and still no improvement, first I thought it was dirt in the fuel, tank, injectors etc. On acceleration it seems fine but I never really accelerate to WOT, out on the open road when opening it up this is where I feel it most. Also when hearing the normal sound from the tank, pump?, when turning on the ignition, the other day it sounded a bit odd with a different sound. Could the spluttering be as a result of fuel starvation under heavy acceleration or could it be ignition related? The bike has never been tampered with and is stock with a slip on but always ran 100%.

Suppose on a dyno one would see exactly what I mean and locally I'd hate for someone to wrap the bike around a pole with these monkeys around here. Anyway any input appreciated. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
If the pump is making a weird noise and the bike is only sputtering on WOT then I would get that pump checked out as it's only happening when the motor is calling for more fuel. Is the bike stock or does it have a PC#?
________
Drug testing

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Bike is stock, I only noticed the noise sounding like weird once. Is it the fuel pump that one hears from the tank area when you switch the ignition on?

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
Bike is stock, I only noticed the noise sounding like weird once. Is it the fuel pump that one hears from the tank area when you switch the ignition on?
You should hear 2 sounds, put your ear to the tank and turn the bike on and for about 4secs you should hear the sound of fluid like sounds and constant, the other sound is under your seat your Servo Motor moving into position.

bloo

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
That noise is the pump priming the system. Start with the little things like checking your air filter as a clogged filter = no air at full throttle. Next check the plugs as 24 k is getting to the time for a plug change. There are a lot more knowledgeable guys here on the forum so hopefully they will chime in:wink:
________
ROLLS-ROYCE PHANTOM COUP?

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks, yeah I suppose it could be one of a number of things. Bike could still also be under warranty or very near the end of it. Just wanted some input before the stealer starts trying to bullshit me.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts