Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

·
Gun Owning Republican
5,278 Posts
Man I was hoping for MGP.

·
Guilty by association
8,751 Posts
I was also hoping for moto gp because he did so well, but SBK is great too, he will do well i think and it will be nice to finally get an American over there who can win. Yamaha looked good this year so hopefully they continue to be competitive with the new machine.

·
Administrator
6,718 Posts
it will be nice to finally get an American over there who can win
idk, Spies and Sykes on a new machine. who's doing the developing?

·
Registered
3,118 Posts
a key factor in their success or lack thereof.

BD
:+1: no doubt that both are very talented riders but neither have been tasked to develop a bike/team....and with the Yamaha being a new bike in 09 it should be interesting....hopefully interesting enough that speed channel won't delay the races to long...actually this years coverage of WSB has been the best i can remember with only the supersport races being delayed till tuesdays....already looking forward to next season!

·
I really need to get out of the house
11,176 Posts
Well, it's not what he wanted but at least it's a step in the right direction...hopefully.

I'll be cheering for him.

·
Premium Member
9,188 Posts
I was hoping he would go to Team Xerox Ducati as Bayliss' replacement, but Haga got it. Not to bag on Haga though, he is an excellent rider. Fabrizio though could be replaced and no one would notice, so could have went that way. Well as it is said, woulda, coulda, shoulda.....................:rolleyes:

·
Registered
173 Posts
Well, it's not what he wanted but at least it's a step in the right direction...hopefully.

I'll be cheering for him.
I doubt this is the case.

I'm sure he wanted to get paid an incredible amount and also wanted to be on a higher tier of machinery.

The suzuki team is weak in Moto GP.

I'd say Yamaha gave him exactly what he wanted.

I'll be a fan, unless Mladin spills the beans about Ben being a complete a$$.

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
I'm kinda curious to see if he will actually win or if it was a lot of Suzuki R&D that put him up front all those years.

·
Registered
2,976 Posts
TotalBlackout said:
...I'm sure he wanted to get paid an incredible amount and also wanted to be on a higher tier of machinery.

I'd say Yamaha gave him exactly what he wanted.
I would definitely not say that. WSBK riders don't get paid anywhere near what spies, mladin, and the other top guys in AMA do. And no one in motoGP wanted to work with him and/or his mommy who is never more than 5 feet away from him. I'd say that's why he settled for WSBK. Simply because it was the best option he had.

TotalBlackout said:
I'll be a fan, unless Mladin spills the beans about Ben being a complete a$$.
I never like spies but could never put my finger on why. But what mladin said before laguna makes me think I was correct about him. The spoiled, self-serving brat has been making comments about how his bike was great all year and he didn't understand why mladin's team would need to do that(cheat). :thefinger The yosh bikes are all "built" by the same people in the same room(s). The only difference between his and the other two supposedly illegal yosh bikes are the suspension and ergo setups for each rider. I, for one, will be hoping he gets his ass handed to him by nitro nori and the other WSBK regulars.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts