Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
La Flama Blanca
7,730 Posts
I think everyone can agree the kid can flat out ride! Even though it was just him an Mladin dukeing it out in AMA, thye had some pretty good duels over the last couple of years. As long as that Yamaha has the guts, he will contend for wins.

·
Accountant in training.
2,847 Posts
I think everyone can agree the kid can flat out ride! Even though it was just him an Mladin dukeing it out in AMA, thye had some pretty good duels over the last couple of years. As long as that Yamaha has the guts, he will contend for wins.
:+1:

Kind of makes you wonder if Mladin shouldn't suck it up and ride in WSBK. Not that anyone wants him...

Chris

·
La Flama Blanca
7,730 Posts
:+1:

Kind of makes you wonder if Mladin shouldn't suck it up and ride in WSBK. Not that anyone wants him...

Chris
He's under contract for Yoshimura Suzuki, if they don't race he won't race. He's to old now, to be honest, to learn another bike. You got to give him credit, like him or not (most don't) he's till a hell of a rider.

·
formerly GHOST RIDER
2,134 Posts
Mladin can ride "BUT" he should of jumped to the next level when he was younger after a couple of championships...

·
Registered
411 Posts
I'd love to see the Yosh team in WSB- now that would be awesome!!!!!
Let's see how Mladin stacks up against the WSB guys (I think he'd do well)

·
Registered
794 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)

Mladins consistency and ability to get his bikes set up correct was the reason for his success. IMO, Mladins only real competition in SBK would be Bayliss .

Times for Day 2 :

1. Fabrizio (Ita-Ducati) 1'40"256 (44 laps); 2. Neukirchner (Ger-Suzuki) 1'40"688 (50); 3. Haga (Jpn-Ducati) 1'40"709 (53); 4. Rea (GB-Honda) 1'40"842 (40); 5. Kagayama (Jpn-Suzuki) 1'40"959 (52); 6. Nakano (Jpn-Aprilia) 1'40"968 (42); 7. Checa (Spa-Honda) 1'40"995 (31); 8. Spies (Usa-Yamaha) 1'41"049 (38); 9. Biaggi (Ita-Aprilia) 1'41"077 (56); 10. Kiyonari (Jpn-Honda) 1'41"412 (84); 11. Corser (Aus-Bmw) 1'41"986 (34); 12. Xaus (Spa-Bmw) 1'42"438 (40); 13. Sykes (GB-Yamaha) 1'42"933 (18).

·
Registered
252 Posts
i couldnt agree more. in my opinion, he's the best the ama has ever seen. Spies and Nicky Hayden are a close second.

·
Registered
2,976 Posts
Mladin can ride "BUT" he should of jumped to the next level when he was younger after a couple of championships...
...a lot more involved in "jumping to the next level" than just how fast you are. If sponsors or the bike companies don't like you it doesn't matter how fast you are. And Mladin isn't exactly the politically-correct butt kisser that most sponsors/teams want.

He's always at the top or close to it when the AMA and WSBK teams test together. Like SteveNYC1 said, it would've been sweet to see him and Yosh run the WSBK series.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Last year Mladin did a test at Philip Island with the WSBK boys and he was quickest on his AMA spec bike. Troy Corser (2nd quickest) spat the dummy and told everyone Mladin was on Qualifiers. So hed at least be competitive.
Mladin does a column once in a while in the local bike mag (AMCN) and he mentioned a while ago that he had no interest in WSBK, too much effort to follow the circuit around the world.
Not to mention he is earning millions as the importer for Yoshimura/Joe Rocket etc in Australia.

Also good to see the Aprilias are quick off the bat!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts