Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 80 Posts

·
Chairman of the Board
16,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I read on another forum that Aprilia made Ben an offer he couldnt refuse, just wandering if there is any truth to it?

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
14,647 Posts
He's been quoted as saying that Yamaha is where it's at and he really wants to be Rossi's teammate on the MotoGP squad. I think he has a good shot at that now and would bail on WSBK if that were to happen. Aprilia would have to make a REALLY good offer I think, which I don't see. Besides, didn't he sign a 2 year deal with Yamaha for WSBK? That would mean he's not out of his current contract until 2011. :dontknow:

·
Caedite Eos Novit Enim Do
2,461 Posts
He's been quoted as saying that Yamaha is where it's at and he really wants to be Rossi's teammate on the MotoGP squad. I think he has a good shot at that now and would bail on WSBK if that were to happen. Aprilia would have to make a REALLY good offer I think, which I don't see. Besides, didn't he sign a 2 year deal with Yamaha for WSBK? That would mean he's not out of his current contract until 2011. :dontknow:
:+1: with him "saying" he wanted to stay with yamaha rather he's racing world sbk or moto-gp. also spies only signed a 1yr contract with yamaha wsbk. i honestly see him replacing one of the tech3 guys next year.

·
Registered
235 Posts
I think WSBK has more competition, I don't think spies would be challenged enough in GP, where there are only a hand full of competitive guys, opposed to WSBK where there are 15 to 20 guys that can win races.

I enjoyed watching him in Indy last year tho.

Aprilia Rumor link http://astwo.wordpress.com/

·
Registered
987 Posts
I think WSBK has more competition, I don't think spies would be challenged enough in GP, where there are only a hand full of competitive guys, opposed to WSBK where there are 15 to 20 guys that can win races.

I enjoyed watching him in Indy last year tho.

Aprilia Rumor link http://astwo.wordpress.com/
:+1: he's great where hes at

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
MotoGP competitive guys:

Stoner
Lorenzo
Rossi
Divizioso (spelling)

WSBK:
Spies
Haga
Fabrizio
Neukirchner (spelling)
Biaggi (once the get the bike refined)
Johnny Rea
Haslam
Checa (competitive, but inconsistent)

These are just off the top of my head. Nicky Hayden hasn't done much in MotoGP since 2007.

·
OMG Look at that squid!!
2,595 Posts
Hayden needs to go to WSBK as I think he would be better off and more competitive.

·
Registered
91 Posts
MotoGP competitive guys:

Stoner
Lorenzo
Rossi
Divizioso (spelling)
I think you can add Pedrosa to your competitive Moto GP list. As much as I hate that little dweeb as soon as he's fully recovered I think he'll be back in contention.

·
I really need to get out of the house
11,176 Posts
Whoa! Let's tap the brakes...compare what sort of success Spies was having in MotoGP vs. what he's doing now.

The talent level in GP is way higher there than in SBK. When you can't get a ride in GP you go to SBK, it's not the other way around.

And Spies getting Lorenzo's ride is not going to happen. The Yamaha Fiat team have the #1 and #2 greatest riders in the world right now. Spies can't touch Lorenzo.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I am a huge Spies fan - even met him in Vegas year before last at the AMA Awards.

But you're right: he can't touch Rossi or Lorenzo right now. He needs to learn the tracks better. MOST of them he has never seen before.

But I did hear from FasterandFaster.Net that Toseland is dropping out of MotoGP next year and will race WSBK with Alstare Suzuki in 2010.

Maybe Spies is moving up to GP sooner than later - I do know that is his ultimate Goal.

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Have to agree that Spies would not be competative in GP. He would be like Tosland. Spies would be giving up 40 pounds to the top GP riders. Let the midgets ride GP and somewhat normal size folks race in WSBK.

Spies going to Aprilia would be awesome. The Aprilia is the best bike on the track and with Spies riding that bike it would so dominate everyone it would make the races all about 2nd and 3rd.

·
Shorty's Performance
8,860 Posts
i think you can add pedrosa to your competitive moto gp list. As much as i hate that little dweeb as soon as he's fully recovered i think he'll be back in contention.
:+1:
whoa! Let's tap the brakes...compare what sort of success spies was having in motogp vs. What he's doing now.

The talent level in gp is way higher there than in sbk. When you can't get a ride in gp you go to sbk, it's not the other way around.

And spies getting lorenzo's ride is not going to happen. The yamaha fiat team have the #1 and #2 greatest riders in the world right now. Spies can't touch lorenzo.
:+1:

·
Chairman of the Board
16,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hayden needs to go to WSBK as I think he would be better off and more competitive.
:+1:Would love to see Nicky with a competative team in WSBK. I do also believe that Spies will end up in Moto GP and have success there.

·
Guilty by association
8,751 Posts
i think if spies was on good machinery he has the learning curve to pick up moto gp pretty easy. but i agree that WSB is way more fun to watch due to the competitiveness and close racing every round.

·
Registered
677 Posts
Have to agree that Spies would not be competative in GP. He would be like Tosland. Spies would be giving up 40 pounds to the top GP riders. Let the midgets ride GP and somewhat normal size folks race in WSBK.

Spies going to Aprilia would be awesome. The Aprilia is the best bike on the track and with Spies riding that bike it would so dominate everyone it would make the races all about 2nd and 3rd.

you guys kill me does anyone ever do any fact checking befor the post anymore or everything opion and bullshit based?

Check this out, at Quatr this year how about the fact that Ben would have been 4-5 fastest in qualifying for the MotorGP race ON A WSKB? Do you think he might have gone faster on a GP bike? Ben can and will shake those boys up just like he has in WSBK.

HE COULD RUN HIS WSKB and finish in the top 10.

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Spies would win in his frist year in moto GP if he rides a yamaha ,yeah i said it i belive it and i have a right to so..... its about the two things togather the bike and the rider

1 - 20 of 80 Posts