Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
It is confirmed here that Spies will be Rossi's replacement if Rossi's goes to run with Ducati next year. HELL YEAH!!! Screw Lorenzo! (IF Rossi leaves, lol):thumbsup:

http://www.autosport.com/motogp/

·
Licensed Dist of HaterAde
11,423 Posts
If it does go down like that i REALLY hope Spies will give Lorenzo fits!! I'd like to see what he can do on a factory bike, he was trying to give em hell at laguna till he took the ol' gravel shortcut!!

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
This i would like to see. I could care less if rossi goes to ducati or not, long as he keeps racing. But if he did stay with yamaha, spies would be stuck on the tech 3 for another year and i'd rather see him get a much deserved factory ride.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Nice, I've been waiting for the day!! Spies is hardcore.

If Rossi goes to Duc, I'm wondering if he can continue to keep up - and if so - I bet he gets a special machine.

·
Guilty by association
8,751 Posts
everybody pretty much knew this was going to happen, but im happy that its "official" thanks for the info joker. I hope Ben does get that ride, and subsequently i hope he kicks ass

·
Chairman of the Board
16,056 Posts
everybody pretty much knew this was going to happen, but im happy that its "official" thanks for the info joker. I hope Ben does get that ride, and subsequently i hope he kicks ass
:+1:Thats awesome. The question to me will be whether or not Jeremy Burgess stays at Yami or goes with Rossi. I think that could as big as anything really. Burgess has worked with Gardener, Doohan, Mamola and Rossi. Hes linked in some way to 14 world championships. Thats an amazing resource for a rider. Cant help but wonder how Spies will do if he stays.

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
everybody pretty much knew this was going to happen, but im happy that its "official" thanks for the info joker. I hope ben does get that ride, and subsequently i hope he kicks ass
:+2:

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
:+1:Thats awesome. The question to me will be whether or not Jeremy Burgess stays at Yami or goes with Rossi. I think that could as big as anything really. Burgess has worked with Gardener, Doohan, Mamola and Rossi. Hes linked in some way to 14 world championships. Thats an amazing resource for a rider. Cant help but wonder how Spies will do if he stays.
Burgess has always said he'd go wherever rossi does and retire when rossi does. Burgess is old school and i'd be surprised if he goes against his word. It would be great for spies, though i doubt it will happen.

·
Still here
9,059 Posts
Burgess has always said he'd go wherever rossi does and retire when rossi does. Burgess is old school and i'd be surprised if he goes against his word. It would be great for spies, though i doubt it will happen.
Yeah, Rossi put a lot of effort into bringing Burgess with him to Yami, I think he wasn't going to make the move without him if I remember correctly.
So probably the same if he goes to Duc.

·
Still here
9,059 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Latest news are that IF he leaves, Burgess stays in Yamaha but in a kind of higher level roll, like supervising both motorcycles technical teams. THis is from an italian news paper.
I still wonder if any of this is ever going to happen...

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Very interesting. That could be huge for spies. But i wonder if burgess would have the say in which rider he'd work with. I'm sure yamaha would see lorenzo as their A rider and i question if burgess stayed, would he be lorenzo's engineer. Then again, I imagine burgess would have some say in the matter and i think he'd prefer spies. I know he once openly expressed interest in working with nicky hayden back when rossi was debating leaving for yamaha or swithcing to auto racing. Guess we'll see soon.

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Latest news are that IF he leaves, Burgess stays in Yamaha but in a kind of higher level roll, like supervising both motorcycles technical teams. THis is from an italian news paper.
I still wonder if any of this is ever going to happen...
I wondered that also and this would be the most likely scenario.

·
Registered
245 Posts
I wondered that also and this would be the most likely scenario.
Don´t know, I was pretty sure it was going to happen, but now...maybe, not sure.
One thing is clear, can you imagine the nightmare for Lorenzo if Rossi stays at yamaha? it has already been a pain in the neck for him, can you imagine one more year.....

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
I think it will be interesting either way. I hope rossi goes to ducati, if for nothing else so spies can get a factory ride. I do think that whichever rossi chooses, he's gonna have a tough time with lorenzo though. No one is riding as well as that guy right now. It seemed he was giving rossi fits even before his accident too. I think that if rossi can go to ducati and win the championship (and i think he can) it will only further prove just how good he is (as if that is even necessary). I expect to see rossi on top of the box this year, but he'll have to dig deep to do it.

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Something else to ponder: if rossi stays at yamaha, this leaves an open seat at ducati. Who will get it, wonderboy spies, or semi-wonderboy simoncelli (whose also italian)? Or maybe someone else alltogether (depuniet has been going good lately). He's doubtful, but who knows?

·
Registered
377 Posts
rossi won't win the championship till MotoGP goes back to 1000CCs. Lorenzo has this and next season on lock (assuming he stays healthy and up right next season) and the ducati is not a better bike than the yami.

burgess has publicly stated he is not sure he'd follow rossi if he does leave. Well, its official, Rossi is gone. Spies brought his crew chief with him from WSBK so I would assume he'd bring him from Tech 3. If burgess stays it will be in more or a comprehensive fashion between both riders.

Or he could go with Rossi to ducati....

1 - 18 of 18 Posts