Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok i got the LSL Spiegler kit and so far the kit is shit. Nothing seems to fit correctly and the directions are as worthless as tits on a bull. I got parts but no instructions on where they go. Also the bolts that bolt up the ignition to the new tripple tree where the wrong size. To top things off they only sent one brake line in the kit(guess they figure everybody has the stock brake line setup). Now my question is how do i know what length the new lines should be for the new bar? Has anybody done this conversion and know what the measurement is? Thanks in advance for the help.

·
Registered
524 Posts
:thumbsup:You must be a fellow KTM rider. Sorry to hear about your kit. I hope mine is in better shape than yours seems to be. Recently ordered a Spiegler Superbike Bar Kit for my 10R. I thought Spiegler was suppose to be one of the better products. Bummer. Mine sure cost a bunch, but haven't received it yet. Suppose to still be on a boat on the way over. I'll let you know how it turns out. Hope you get yours going.

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
my new favorite expression is "as worthless as tits on a bull"

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
:thumbsup:You must be a fellow KTM rider. Sorry to hear about your kit. I hope mine is in better shape than yours seems to be. Recently ordered a Spiegler Superbike Bar Kit for my 10R. I thought Spiegler was suppose to be one of the better products. Bummer. Mine sure cost a bunch, but haven't received it yet. Suppose to still be on a boat on the way over. I'll let you know how it turns out. Hope you get yours going.

Yeah i got a 525sx for the dirty stuff. I called Spiegler this morning and they hooked me up with what i needed to finish the job and gave me a good price on the stuff. I should have the other brake line tomorrow morning and hope to have it installed after work tomorrow evening. I'll post up some pics of it when i'm done.

Whatcha mean on a boat? According to the guy at their shop they are in Ohio. :dontknow:

·
Registered
524 Posts
Spiegler said they were on their way from Germany. Hence the boat comment. Did you get the superbike bar kit, or the riser/clip-on setup? Mine is an 08 btw, what year is yours?

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
Yeah i got a 525sx for the dirty stuff. I called Spiegler this morning and they hooked me up with what i needed to finish the job and gave me a good price on the stuff. I should have the other brake line tomorrow morning and hope to have it installed after work tomorrow evening. I'll post up some pics of it when i'm done.

Whatcha mean on a boat? According to the guy at their shop they are in Ohio. :dontknow:

Ohio had massive flooding somewhere on the Ohio river, But...LSL is a German company (isn't it?). Actually I thought Spiegler is German, with a USA branch.

I could be wrong about everything though :dontknow:

·
Registered
828 Posts
I own an 05 and have the superbike bar kit. It did come with awful if any I remember instructions but I put 2 and 2 together and figured out what went where. It is one of the best mods I have ever done. It gives me comfort,super control and it looks way different than anything else that everyone else is riding.

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Mine is an 05 also. On your 05 did the plastic around the windscreen pop up after raising the windscreen? Mine is jus a bit and i haven't figured out how to push it back down.

·
Registered
828 Posts
It came with some funky brackets that push the screen up so that your handlebars clear it. I guess it did push up a little.

·
Registered
828 Posts
I was just in Charlotte this past weekend. I am from the Gas House (Gastonia) so it's a short ride to Charlotte. I came home to visit family and then I went to the Hobbytown to get some parts that support my other habit. I actually went down 485 to the pineville mathews exit and even went to the mall there. I have no urge to move back there though. Just thought I would throw that out.

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yep i know the gas house. I got some friends that live down there.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Just got an email today saying my kit had been shipped. Horray!! Should be in Friday. Can't wait to get started putting it on. My neck and back should be grateful. These clip-ons are killin me. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Ok its done and after all is said and done it wasn't that bad. Here are a couple pics of the bike after the change.

Attachments

·
Registered
39 Posts
Revival of the dead thread....
Just wondering if anyone has used this kit (05-06gen) and retained the steering damper?
Also is it worth the expense?

Im thinking of adding the bar risers, as I want a more comfortable bike..... I do a ton of riding at the dragon, and some long tours... I don't want to give up the cool/power of my 10, but I need more comfort.

Its either this, or sell and buy something like a Triumph.

·
Registered
549 Posts
I like this idea...a lot!

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
If you get the superbike bars you will soon find the need for a more comfy seat. The more upright seating angle makes the seat way more uncomfortable.

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
Revival of the dead thread....
Just wondering if anyone has used this kit (05-06gen) and retained the steering damper?
Also is it worth the expense?

Im thinking of adding the bar risers, as I want a more comfortable bike..... I do a ton of riding at the dragon, and some long tours... I don't want to give up the cool/power of my 10, but I need more comfort.

Its either this, or sell and buy something like a Triumph.

First..don't think of selling your 10...it's a treasure that can't be replaced.

It does need personalizing to be the perfect for you package. The LSL bar kit, makes it easy. Everyone talks about comfort...well Yes, comfort is one of the results when your riding a bike with lights and a license plate on the street...Street bars are the right bars.

It's not just comfort though...You will be amazed at an increase of performance (handling being a critical part of performance).

Sitting right, for where your using the bike. hasn't caught on in America, but...Euro bikes are making an impact...and the Aprilia Tunono V4R hitting the show room floors, now should lift the curtain on this.

You definitely want a damper...if the OEM Ohlins is what you stick with, send it to Dan Kyle (in California, Sea side or Sand City? it's near Monterey) He puts the valve in it, it should of had, and quality seals.

I use the Scotts damper, but I don't think it's a bolt on for a LSL conversion.

I'm happy with the stock seat, I guess that's personal.

I've switched from the Pirelli Diablo Corsa III's (which I loved) to Metzeler Roadtec Interact Z6's (which I'm Lovin even more, but it's a long story).

·
Registered
39 Posts
After a bit of research, I found that the stock damper can still work.
That was the deciding factor, and I've ordered the riser kit from Motomummy.

I am looking at a used 'revalved' damper this friday, and Ill be keeping my eye out for a Corbin seat and possibly rearsets.

I have taken this particular bike to the smokey mountains (deals Gap) 4 times over the last 2 yrs, and am planning on heading there agian late May.... Hopefully I'll have the kit installed, and my suspension all set up before then! :mrgreen::mrgreen:

Other mods to date are just minor...
short levers, DB windscreen, HID lights, undertail kit and carbon akro cans.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts