Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
5,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I ended up orderin' a Spencer Cycle black anodized exhaust bracket this week. It came in today so I stuck it on. Gotta say that this is a nice quality piece. Install was simple enough, too. A 6mm allen wrench/socket for the two bracket attachment bolts, and two wrenches (10mm & 12mm) for the muffler strap bolt & nut are the only tools ya need to make the swap. The Spencer bracket uses the same muffler attachment point and angle that the stock bracket does so the bracket is a direct replacement for the passenger peg brackets with stock exhaust as well as any other system that will work with the stock bracket.

Here's a "before" shot...

The Spencer bracket also uses the factory rubber grommet for the muffler strap bolt. Simply pry the two metal inserts out and work the grommet out by pinchin' it together on one end and wigglin' it through. Here's a pic of all three parts out of the bracket. I got a little blur from hand movement in this shot but you can still see the pieces...

And here's the "after" shot. The rubber grommet is squeezed and wiggled through the Spencer bracket and the metal inserts are pushed in from each side. Then it's simply a matter of puttin' the bracket bolts in and hangin' the can onto the new bracket...

And a side by side of the before and after shots...

I love the cleaner, blacked out look. I' gonna send the passenger brackets/pegs to be powdercoated black. That way I don't have to give up the clean look if I put 'em on in the event that I wanna go two up. I don't think that's gonna be a problem though. Can't seem to find many girls around here that are willin' to climb onto a crotch rocket. :BangHead:

·
Registered
5,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Big Daddy said:
smooooooth :mrgreen:

BD

Yeah, thanks for the heads up on this piece. Couldn't find exactly what I wanted until I saw yours. Prolly would have bought a Muzzy's if I hadn't seen the Spencer piece. :wink:

·
MIA Post Whore
8,727 Posts
I found changing the rubber grommet to be a PIA. If you're lazy like me and will be swapping back and forth farely often between the stock rear pegs and the hanger, buy a second grommet and the steel insert thingies from your dealer. BTW- good write up as usual EL D.

·
Registered
5,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
miykl said:
I found changing the rubber grommet to be a PIA. If you're lazy like me and will be swapping back and forth farely often between the stock rear pegs and the hanger, buy a second grommet and the steel insert thingies from your dealer. BTW- good write up as usual EL D.
Yeah, it can sort of be a beeyotch gettin' the grommet out and back in, especially when it's cold. Not a bad idea gettin' an extra for swappin' back and forth either. Hadn't thought of that but it would definitely save time and hassle if you swap much at all. Thanks for the tip... and the compliments on the write up. :eek:ccasion1

·
Registered
5,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Andy said:
Damn purty!

Ain't it though? :mrgreen: Thanks, man. :thumbsup: I'll get some full side shots tomorrow. :wink:

·
Registered
5,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
5,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Registered
5,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
sp500 said:
Always informative ED with pics too,:thumbsup:

A nice break from us assclowns.:badteeth:
Lol... Thanks sp... :eek:ccasion1

·
Registered
34,537 Posts
sp500 said:
Always informative ED with pics too,:thumbsup:

A nice break from us assclowns.:badteeth:
Speak for yourself :bitchslap

BD

·
Registered
5,042 Posts
Very nice, compliments the bike very well

·
Registered
5,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Frankyoz said:
Very nice, compliments the bike very well
Thanks. :eek:ccasion1

·
OG Post Whore
10,400 Posts
yes i second that comment

·
Registered
5,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
stunnerific_harry said:
yes i second that comment
Thanks. :eek:ccasion1

·
Registered
681 Posts
Man, it looks tight on the black, would love to get one, but damn, 90 clams for just a bracket.........will def have to wait a bit to get that!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts