Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

SpeedTv again........

2K views 36 replies 14 participants last post by  master link 
#1 ·
Why are they at least one week behind schedule on showing AMA Racing on there channel , and why aren't they showing at least this week Mat Mladin's final race of his career ? Hellp me understand the madness !!!!!!!:bs:

#5 ·
+1 SAME DAY!

And to all the people saying "yep GMG fucked up ama just like we thought they would" I ask you, Have you seen any races this year?? it was the Best damn year of racing I have ever seen! I was so hooked on AMA this year I would watch it on tivo before watching Moto GP of WSBK! STOP BEING SHEEP! And just believing what the other guy said! DMG had done more for making racing "fun to watch" then AMA could ever do!..... and they did it in 1 year!

#6 ·
Yeah great racing:bs:, Mladin won basically the first 10 Races in a row and had the championship locked up and put it in cruise control the last half of the season, great racing!:crackup: SBK is what counts not that Daytona (Nasbike) crap that they kept trying to shove down our god damn throats. How many times do you have to hear it, America does not want to see 1200's racing against 600's, its not fair god dammit. THe majority has spoke time and time agiain about this, its all over the fricking internet on every bike forum. I am glad you won your championship, and I hope you can sleep at night, and I really hope that you would have been talented enough to win the same championship on a equal bike to your class. :eek:ccasion1

#11 ·
That is the first and likely last time I'll ever see a statement that bold. We agree on some things, disagree on some things, but on that remark, we're polar opposites. Just because one agrees with 99% of racing fans doesn't make him a "sheep". Maybe he's simply "right". Seriously, do you work for dmg?

#13 · (Edited)
:lol::lol: no i don't work for DMG I do how ever think they can do allot for AMA in the fact as US road racing was getting boring as hell to watch! and what any sport needs to grow is a "fan base!" and not necessarily ones that race or even ride motorcycles! {we will be too harsh on any changes they try to do} i.e case in point everything you read! HAHA they are working off a {like it or not} very successful model "NASCAR!" and that is the most $$ making racing in the world! and 99% of there fan base has never even sat in a race car! the problem for AMA/DMG is we { motorcyclist } are purists at heart... and purists never like change! but we will cycle through the machine, and the motorcyclist of 5 years from now will not know the difference! but more people will be tuning in to watch American Road Racing, this is what DMG is good at building fans!

#14 ·
:lol::lol: no i don't work for DMG I do how ever think they can do allot for AMA in the fact as US road racing was getting boring as hell to watch! and what any sport needs to grow is a "fan base!" and not necessarily ones that race or even ride motorcycles! {we will be too harsh on any changes they try to do} i.e case in point everything you read! HAHA they are working off a {like it or not} very successful model "NASCAR!" and that is the most $$ making racing in the world! and 99% of there fan base has never even sat in a race car! the problem for AMA/DMG is we { motorcyclist } are purists at heart... and purists never like change! but we will cycle through the machine, and the motorcyclist of 5 years from now will not know the difference! but more people will be tuning in to watch American Road Racing, this is what DMG is good at building fans!
I agree that is probably their goal, hate they don't seem to care about the current fans' or manufacturers' opinion though. Hope you're right.

#7 ·
http://www.superbikeplanet.com/2009/Sep/090909timspeedrant.htm

I missed the last part of Mladins last race and post race interviews because I TIVO'd it since they showed race 2 at 1:30 in the FLIPPIN MORNING! There was a delay that got the time scheduling out of whack. (see link) Im with you 9r to 10r Im to the point that the DMG has sucked the life out of the series. Yhea the races are closer but Pegram battling Hayes just leaves me hollow, I cant explain it, maybe its because we are seeing the likes of Mladin leaving in disgust. Hopefully the bad taste will disolve and we can look forward to battles in the future between Herrin and Aquino in Superbike.

#15 · (Edited)
9R-10R before you condem the Daytona series just remember that the 1125 is only allowed to change the ECU and the pipe. Where as the 600cc bikes are alowed to do internal engine modifications and the 4cyl vs twin inherant design advantage. ( people have forgoten this since Ducati has been successful in racing , BUT , It took a long time to do so .) Secondly even though the 1125 might be a great handling liter bike . A 600cc bike handles alot better because of is smaller size . At the tight backsection at Millville you could see the Buells and Aprillas fighting the weight through the corners compared to the smaller lighter 600s... 9R-10R lets put it this way... the ZX14 is more powerful than your ZX10 but which one would you rather have out on a track day ?

#16 · (Edited)
Jake, I have beat this point to death! My 1125R with race ecu and slip-on is in the low 122 HP range and is 408 LBS with 1/2 tank of gas My friends 2008 R6 is 112Hp and is 368LBS with same amount of fuel! Most people will beat up on the 1125 for little reason other then the fact it's a Buell, and will only then turn on the RSV once you bring it up as racing in the same class! this is a lose lose battle! I'm yet to see a post smashing the RSV! :dontknow:

#17 ·
jake318 said:
9R-10R before you condem the Daytona series just remember that the 1125 is only allowed to change the ECU and the pipe. Where as the 600cc bikes are alowed to do internal engine modifications and the 4cyl vs twin inherant design advantage. ( people have forgoten this since Ducati has been successful in racing , BUT , It took a long time to do so .) Secondly even though the 1125 might be a great handling liter bike . A 600cc bike handles alot better because of is smaller size . At the tight backsection at Millville you could see the Buells and Aprillas fighting the weight through the corners compared to the smaller lighter 600s...
Where does it say you can do all this extra stuff to the 4-cylinders?
http://www.amaproracing.com/assets/RR_Rules_2009.pdf
And as far as the handling goes, according to most who have tested both say the buell changes direction and corners better than the 4-cylinders. Especially since the buell can use mag wheels and other mods the 4-cylinders can't because it's not something the japanese factories make.

ZX10Rracer said:
Jake, I have beat this point to death! My 1125R with race ecu and slip-on is in the low 122 HP range and is 408 LBS with 1/2 tank of gas My friends 2008 R6 is 112Hp and is 368LBS with same amount of fuel! Most people will beat up on the 1125 for little reason other then the fact it's a Buell, and will one then turn on the RSV once you bring it up as racing in the same class! this is a lose lose battle!
"What would we do to make things more equal? Air restrictors on the Buell to keep the HP down, or even more weight than currently outlined could possibly slow it down. But maybe we are focusing too much on restricting the Buell instead of empowering the others. I say allow the 600s to user lighter aftermarket wheels to aid in acceleration and fickability. This would help close the gap while still not adding excessive costs. As for the Aprilia, from our view this could be the toughest fix. I think if the KWS team were able to get the bike's weight down it could be competitive as is, but this is an issue that stems from the stock RSV1000R, not a DMG rule issue, and would take large piles of cash to achieve. Hence, I say allow the Aprilia 1mm overbore to give them slightly more displacement and some much-needed power (this would be cost effective as well), and then make them adhere to the same minimum weight as the Buell. Sounds complicated, I know, but what do you expect when they think 1000cc-plus V-Twins should race against 600s?"

You two need to stop drinking the buell/dmg kool-aid. The quote above from motorcycle-usa.com is just one of the MANY examples of how the majority of people feel about the rules. Like was mentioned before, buell took the rules and won with them. But like was also mentioned, eslick and other guys on buells never did as well in the past as they did this year.

#18 ·
Where does it say you can do all this extra stuff to the 4-cylinders?
http://www.amaproracing.com/assets/RR_Rules_2009.pdf
And as far as the handling goes, according to most who have tested both say the buell changes direction and corners better than the 4-cylinders. Especially since the buell can use mag wheels and other mods the 4-cylinders can't because it's not something the japanese factories make.

"What would we do to make things more equal? Air restrictors on the Buell to keep the HP down, or even more weight than currently outlined could possibly slow it down. But maybe we are focusing too much on restricting the Buell instead of empowering the others. I say allow the 600s to user lighter aftermarket wheels to aid in acceleration and fickability. This would help close the gap while still not adding excessive costs. As for the Aprilia, from our view this could be the toughest fix. I think if the KWS team were able to get the bike's weight down it could be competitive as is, but this is an issue that stems from the stock RSV1000R, not a DMG rule issue, and would take large piles of cash to achieve. Hence, I say allow the Aprilia 1mm overbore to give them slightly more displacement and some much-needed power (this would be cost effective as well), and then make them adhere to the same minimum weight as the Buell. Sounds complicated, I know, but what do you expect when they think 1000cc-plus V-Twins should race against 600s?"

You two need to stop drinking the buell/dmg kool-aid. The quote above from motorcycle-usa.com is just one of the MANY examples of how the majority of people feel about the rules. Like was mentioned before, buell took the rules and won with them. But like was also mentioned, eslick and other guys on buells never did as well in the past as they did this year.
But the Buell cool aid tastes good! it's kinda a grapeish flavor!

Look it boils down to this is Buells 1st year racing what arguably is there 1st real run on a “sport bike!” and that being said they don't have the 20 years of building successful race bikes like Kawi Yamaha Suzuki and all the rest! Lets face it there hands were tied by HD, not that that entitles them to something but it does deserve some respect, Buell is quite frankly a back yard bike shop compared to the rest of there competition! And it’s a lose lose for anyone who has won on a buell I know this!, A very good friend of mine was racing for KWS until he quit this year! But his team mate was making it work Ben was running mid pack! Ben on a Suzuki lead the pack for 2 laps at Mid Ohio 2 years ago and could not make the RSV work! But Chad could?!? I think what we are forgetting about here is the rider! Danny is fast!!!! he just came into his “shine” on a Buell and therefore the bike took the spotlight on what rightfully belonged to Danny “The talent to win”

#19 ·
I read they had put an addendum allowing Port/polish headwork on the 4cyl but not on the twins . But it couls be just heresay . Regardless Buell is a company of only 200people . , hell the japanese factories have 200 people making handlebars lol..... Phas im NOT a brand loyal guy , I call it as I see it or have experianced it . Having BOTH the 1125R and a 07 zx10 the 1125R ist as powerfull but the lap times are he same . ... PHAS your into racing ? do you do track days ? Im sure youve jumped on a 600cc bike and felt how much easier it is on the tight sections on a quick switchback . If you have the oppertunity try it on an 1125R its a good handling bike , actually a bit better balanced than a zx10 but definatly not as good as a 600 cc bike . Eslicks RIDING is making up the differance

#20 ·
Yes, eslick is riding that bike better than anyone else. And eslick was previously riding a 600 and finishing mid to back top 10. Are you telling me eslick, in one off season, has become a superior rider to jamie hacking? Surely his near dominace at long, fast tracks is probably just attributed to his "coming into his shine". Nothing to do with a bike with nearly double the engine capactiy. I like the buell, I'd ride a buell, I'd own a buell, but it's ridiculous to say that a 600 and 1125cc (or 1000cc) bike should be racing in the same class. Back to the original topic, speed's coverage sucks.:lol:

#25 ·
Trying to change the topic here:

I've always wondered, since Mladin is so damn good - I mean, how many AMA titles has he come away with? Why has he stayed in the AMA and not ventured to a higher tier like WSB or even MotoGP? I am not disputing his talent for riding, but to me it's like the kid who's a little too old for little league but the coach fudges his birthdate to keep him in because he throws a mean fastball that none of the other younger kids can hit. Wouldn't you be tired of steamrolling (okay, so Spies has been a pesky fly to Mladin) over the usual competition and want to challenge yourself with top riders from around the world? I've always wondered that.... :dontknow:

#29 · (Edited)
He raced In WSBK { before AMA}, came to the USA and fell in love with the $$!as time went on he fell out of love with racing... and all that kept him going was the money! you could see it in his last race, he was done!

I'll add this in no way is meant to take anything away from what mat accomplished , he is a legend!

#27 ·
Hayden What your not taking into account is that from an engineering viewpoint , it takes ALOT more engine modification to make a twin make the same HP as a 4cylinder .Its like the old 2 stroke vs 4 stroke comparison . Ducati racing was a joke when they first got back into the racing scene . The factory would show up in some backwoods race track in Cambodia ect so they wouldnt get bad press . Even after 30 yrs eveloping twins Ducatis are down on power with a 20% greater displacement . YOU CANT JUST COMPARE CC TO CC .

#28 ·
the best way to put it is a 4 cylinder has twice as may opportunities to make power then a twin does

Hence why my 1125R Buell makes 122 HP and my 1000cc Kawi makes 172 HP with less cc

#30 ·
ZX10 Racer MNost people are crying foul due to the fact thata Buell won not a Kawasaki. If you looked up the posts its probably the same people that say the Yamaha R1 is junk .( not you Hayden I just think you are not old enough to remember thepre ducati days when twins never had a fiddlers chance in hell no matter what the displacement lol) there really isnt any JUNK manufactures anymore . You can get 100k out of a Harley these days . Even Moto Morini they say are good handling reliable bikes now .( excluding the chinese mail order scooters lol. )

#31 ·
Back to the topic ... Speed might not be televising it live like they do NASCAR, but at least they are televising it . I can remember when the ONLY race you saw was the Daytona 200. My gripe is when they albel a superbike race as MOTOCROSS ? Actually the NASCAR style of mixing different styles of bikes is great as long as its fairly equal as a package ( and this year it was . The buells had a little more speed, the 600s had the a little more in the infield handling . the equallity is much more evident in person. the tv crews zoom in during drafting making it look more dramatic )

#32 ·
I haven't watched AMA in years, since Hayden left....but you're telling me they are running 1200 buells (not properly homologated), with 1000s and 600s???

Sounds like my last track day!!

Great to hear I'm not scanning the TV programmer in 4 day blocks AFTER the actual race and waiting for that crap!

AMA would be great though, if I could toss in $150 bucks and get on the track myself though, then watch myself 4 days later at 2am on Speed. Knowing Speed they would actually televise one of my track days, and the resale of my dropped bike before they showed a REAL BIKE RACE live!

#34 ·
Can one of the Buell-ites explain how in the last few races Eslick qualified in the teens on the grid, then rode up to top five finishes? Do you think it's common for racers to do that race after race?

Do you think maybe it has something to do with the fact that he can pass people on the straights, where it's a hell of a lot easier, instead of in the corners like the 600s have to? :rolleyes:

#36 · (Edited)
Hayden i can see your point and myself had thought buell had an more of a power advantage than a handling disadvantage . That was untill I went to the last round at NJMP in Millville NJ. Being there in person you could see the buells looking like a harley roadking compared to the 600cc machines .( andif anyone has noticed the buells and Aprillias have had alot of crashes this year trying to keep up in corners The 600cc machines could go AROUND the buells / Aprillias on the outside in tight corners !! What makes it much more confusing is the fact that the Buells are the BEST handling 1000cc machines . There you could also see the buels out handling and out breaking the other superbikes . This is a great racing forum . Much better than the yamaha and especially the ducati forum . Im curious and want the opion on someone who races or does track days on 1000 and 600cc sportbikes for ther input . Just because I own a Buell and a kawasaki doesnt mean I think something is fair ect . I also owned ( very short term lol)a 08ducati 1098 ( great bike BTW) but got rid of it because of part availibility , service availability cost ( someone offered me the same as I bought it for ) And the 1125R was cheap 8500$ new . AND most of all handled better than the ducati . If it was kawasaki with the 1100cc twin i would have same opinion

#37 ·
I don't care what anybody says about the buell 1125R vs jap 600's its down right ridiculous and cheating imo, i was sitting on the front straight in topeka ks watching eslicks bike pull the 600's like it was nothing, then only to watch the 600 riders close back in once the track got twisty. i think eslicks results were do to a big mill more than shear riding skill.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.