Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,I was on vacation this past week and hadn't ridden my baby for 9 days... last day I rode her I had cleaned up the air filter and tighty-up some wires in the back like the PC3,SpeedoHealer,etc.

So this morning as I'm heading to work I notice my speedometer is at 0. I don't know what happened... the RPMs work... so WTF?

There's a few things I can think about that might have caused this:

3 weeks ago I redid my gauge LED's but everything was working fine afterwards... maybe something came loose in the gauge? Or maybe burnt out?

Second,could it have something to do with the SpeedoHealer? I disconnected the wires that plug into the unit? Maybe I have to reprogram it?

Lastly,could it have to do with disconnecting the PC3? Any input is greatly appreciated! I want to know were it would be best to start!?

Thanks everyone!

·
Squid
6,017 Posts
My speedo kinda does the same thing, I have an 04 but my MPH jumps around constantly, never stays at a steady speed. The RPM's work just fine! I have been searching on here and asking questions for like 9 months and havent come up with an answer or cure yet!! I hope you figure it out and can help me too!!

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
is there any power to the console at all?
Yes. The gauge light up and everything.

I would say it has something to do with Speedohealer ....
I'm thinking this might be the problem... I recall going through this the first time installed the Speedo...

My speedo kinda does the same thing, I have an 04 but my MPH jumps around constantly, never stays at a steady speed. The RPM's work just fine! I have been searching on here and asking questions for like 9 months and havent come up with an answer or cure yet!! I hope you figure it out and can help me too!!
Wait what do you mean? When your driving or when at a stop? Btw,I don't think I properly set up the speedo... Given that you have to factor in aftemarket tires,sprockets and factory error percentage... I think I'm actually going slower than I think I am... Maybe you didn't factor all that in when you installed it? I'm too stupid to figure it out! Another thing your not pressing the top speed recall button switch are you?

·
Squid
6,017 Posts
No while I am riding it jumps to various speeds, example- let's say I'm cursing at 50mph steady, my speedo will never read just 50 it will say 62,98,189,14,67,35,164, etc.... It's Aleah jumping around like this!! Drives me nuts!!

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No while I am riding it jumps to various speeds, example- let's say I'm cursing at 50mph steady, my speedo will never read just 50 it will say 62,98,189,14,67,35,164, etc.... It's Aleah jumping around like this!! Drives me nuts!!
Oh shit! That's not good! Did that start happening after you installed the Speedo? I remember that happening on my 05' Z1000 after I wrecked it... besides the speed jumping around the mileage was going by at triple the rate... maybe it has something to do with a sensor? Why don't you take it out and ship it to the company to see if they can check it out?

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
Check your Dip Switches....since you where messing with it for the upgrade you may have hit a switch witch will turn it off or cause a 0 mph reading while riding.

bloo

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Check your Dip Switches....since you where messing with it for the upgrade you may have hit a switch witch will turn it off or cause a 0 mph reading while riding.

bloo
Dip switches? Do you mean the buttons on the SpeedoHealer?

Can you elaborate?

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
Dip switches? Do you mean the buttons on the SpeedoHealer?

Can you elaborate?
yep....if you accidentally hit one of them in on position after programming you will get the SpeedoHealer in the wrong mode and it will NO longer show Speed(check the manual for details)......not sure if this is your case just throwing it out there for something else to check. :wink:

bloO

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
yep....if you accidentally hit one of them in on position after programming you will get the SpeedoHealer in the wrong mode and it will NO longer show Speed(check the manual for details)......not sure if this is your case just throwing it out there for something else to check. :wink:

bloO
Yeah,well the problem is the SH does not turn on anymore... you know how it turns on when you turn the key? Yeah,it doesn't lite up at all

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
Yeah,well the problem is the SH does not turn on anymore... you know how it turns on when you turn the key? Yeah,it doesn't lite up at all

Check your connectors then if you haven't already....if you did go the Healtech and contact Tech Support and try to deal with Herbert the best.

bloo

1 - 13 of 13 Posts