Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i couldnt think of a better way to word it. basically, i just bought my bike. Im deployed, and cant ride it until i get home. the seller sent me a Tankmount video, and Under hard Accelleration, the speedometer tweaks out. it goes from triple digits, down to single digits, and back up. Searched multiple forums, and couldnt find a thread with a similar condition. i was thinking maybe it had a bad speed sensor? no clue really, but maybe someone has seen it before.

Before people ask, i asked him to rip on the bike a little for me. its a bone stock 2005.

He grabs the throttle a little around 1:55, around 2:05 the speedometer freaks out.

·
Does not drive into smoke
2,156 Posts
My speedo reset itself once while riding, including the time and the trip meter. It looked similar to what you are seeing. It only happened once so I was never able to diagnose it. My first guess would be a loose electrical connection (in your case possibly near the speed sensor).

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sweet! Thanks guys, you just made my day, i was expecting to have to replace the cluster. the only issues i could find were in most cases solved by replacing the cluster/ecu, which i didnt want to do. hopefully its a loose connection, and even a speed sensor is fine with me. again, thanks!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts