Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all
i fitted a Speedo healer (to a zx10r 05 , dropped a tooth on the front sprocket)
but the digi gear indicator will not work correctly ?
take ages to show what gear your in and its not showing the correct gear
your in 6th but it shows 4th ect
can the digi gear be programed ?
is there a fix ?
thx

·
Registered
225 Posts
Hi all
i fitted a Speedo healer (to a zx10r 05 , dropped a tooth on the front sprocket)
but the digi gear indicator will not work correctly ?
take ages to show what gear your in and its not showing the correct gear
your in 6th but it shows 4th ect
can the digi gear be programed ?
is there a fix ?
thx
I have a speedo healer and a tooth off the front. My Gear Indidcator works fine, try setting it up again. There should be either a wire or a button on the unit that you need to either ground if its a wire or press the button for how many gears you have and when you reach 2000 revs. What type of gear indicator is it?

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
I have a 14 with the speedo healer, running 11% reduction (with 2+ teeth rear). The dash gear position indicator will go to 5th but not 6th.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have a speedo healer and a tooth off the front. My Gear Indidcator works fine, try setting it up again. There should be either a wire or a button on the unit that you need to either ground if its a wire or press the button for how many gears you have and when you reach 2000 revs. What type of gear indicator is it?
Hi its a datatool
i didnt fit it to the bike my local kwak dealer did so as for wires n buttons i wouldnt have a clue :dontknow: :eyecrazy:

I have a 14 with the speedo healer, running 11% reduction (with 2+ teeth rear). The dash gear position indicator will go to 5th but not 6th.
ive only gone 1 down on the front and set the healer to -13%
i used a gps to set it

·
Registered
707 Posts
Depends how your Gear indicator works

I believe some work by using RPM and speed to arrive at Gear

others just work with Gear position sensors voltage.

Maybe yours works with RPM and Speed.

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
ßíllýßóþ,

if you installed your speedohealer after the Datatool was already installed then you need to have the Datatool re-programmed. The reason this needs to be done is because the Datatool was programmed using the original speed sensor signal. Now that you installed a speedohealer it changed the speed signal so the programming is off now to indicate the proper gear.

bluedivil

·
Registered
225 Posts
I used to have the Datatool, as far as I can remember you have to have the ignition on then ground out one of the wires to tell it how many gears you have then go through the gears and every time you are above 2000 rpm you ground it out to let it know when you have changed gear. I would ask for the instructions from the garage or get them to teach it again.

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
hey guys, i've got 05 10r with -1 front/+2 rear, and a 180/55 tire. anyone know what % my speedo is off?? wanna get a speedo healer and the gear indicator, lookin for some info. thanks.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts