Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got in on the group buy from Brad and I didnt get the extended cable, I was wondering if it is possible to get just the longer harness.

·
Registered
5,179 Posts
O10R said:
I got in on the group buy from Brad and I didnt get the extended cable, I was wondering if it is possible to get just the longer harness.

I'm sure you can order the longer harness separate. Just contact some site sponsors and see if they can hook you up. :wink:

·
Registered
218 Posts
IF your talking the ext cable, the boxes are different, the ext has no button only a plug in, so the extension is your button. The one without the extender has a button on the face of the box, but no place to plug in the extender

·
Registered
5,179 Posts
vegasdude said:
IF your talking the ext cable, the boxes are different, the ext has no button only a plug in, so the extension is your button. The one without the extender has a button on the face of the box, but no place to plug in the extender
I stand corrected... :wink:

·
Registered
218 Posts
The reason, I know is when I got mine, it kept saying push the button and I could find no friggin button.............so I plugged the extension and pushed that button and it worked..................the instructions aren't different between the two models..............

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
vegasdude said:

I was looking for the button too.... After the trouble of finding a place to mount the remote recall button I'm thinking that the standard SH may have been cleaner. The only real benefit I see is that you can mount the box out of sight and the recall is easier, but I spent a good hour running the ext cable to get it totally out of sight.

·
Registered
5,179 Posts
Moved to tech...

·
Registered
218 Posts
king-tony said:
I was looking for the button too.... After the trouble of finding a place to mount the remote recall button I'm thinking that the standard SH may have been cleaner. The only real benefit I see is that you can mount the box out of sight and the recall is easier, but I spent a good hour running the ext cable to get it totally out of sight.
your better off with ext, cause if you have to change your settings you don't need to pull your seat; just clear the memory with the ext button then put your correct inputs in and then go test. Much easier to program in the long run.................

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
vegasdude said:
your better off with ext, cause if you have to change your settings you don't need to pull your seat; just clear the memory with the ext button then put your correct inputs in and then go test. Much easier to program in the long run.................

How do you program without removing the seat? I thought you had to move one of the 6 dip switches depending on what you are programming.

·
Registered
218 Posts
king-tony said:
How do you program without removing the seat? I thought you had to move one of the 6 dip switches depending on what you are programming.
Oh yeah, I forgot about that................I stand corrected..............we are one and one :crackup:

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
vegasdude said:
Oh yeah, I forgot about that................I stand corrected..............we are one and one :crackup:

Any chance you can post a pic of where your remote recall button is mounted. I ended up running my to the top of the guage cluster, but I'm not crazy about that location.

·
Registered
218 Posts
yes, I can do that. My son has my camera and i'll try to have him bring it over today........

·
Registered
218 Posts
I just talked to him, he is bringing it over..............pics will be posted soon..............

·
Registered
218 Posts
Here you go........Just undo the clamp bolt, slide in the switch then retighten.

Attachments

1 - 15 of 15 Posts