Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Postwhore with an 04
4,387 Posts
I have it. Don't know if its worth the upgrade since I never had V3. I like it a lot. The detachable top speed recall enabled me to locate the healer in the tail section which was nice. The unit is supposed to be smaller too.

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
I have it. It's small as sh!t. I took pics last night. I will post them for you tonight. When I say small I mean small.

to BCM or whoever:
I am hooking it up tonight and wanting to also put it in the tail with all my other goodies. The little red button switch that hooks into the V4 healer is that for the top speed recall? Also does that by any chance display on the cluster once you hit the button? Curious b/c like I said I'd like it tucked away in the tail..

Thanks

·
Registered
319 Posts
I just installed mine and it's a nice unit, but probably not worth it if you already have the V3...
:+1: I saw the new V4. The only difference between both versions is on-off switches (V3) vs. a digital counter(V4) with two buttons. My mech said the upgrade was not worth it if you have the V3.

·
Postwhore with an 04
4,387 Posts
I have it. It's small as sh!t. I took pics last night. I will post them for you tonight. When I say small I mean small.

to BCM or whoever:
I am hooking it up tonight and wanting to also put it in the tail with all my other goodies. The little red button switch that hooks into the V4 healer is that for the top speed recall? Also does that by any chance display on the cluster once you hit the button? Curious b/c like I said I'd like it tucked away in the tail..

Thanks
Yeah the red button is the top speed recall and it displays on the cluster.

·
Custom Powder Coater
6,556 Posts
Is the speedohealer even worth it im looking at it but not sure if its worth it for me since im not going to sell the bike not worried bout my mileage.
only thing it will do is correct my speed which i can see is important cause tickest and ins. aint cheap.
but damn $109. to correct the speed??? oh and recall top speed. also i dont have anything to calibrate with (gps) My phone has gps navigation will that work??

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
If your complaining about $109 brotha maybe you shouldn;t own a bike :cool:

From the look of your SIG I'd say you spent money well and shouldn't be cheap. The speedo is really only off like 6mph or so when you get around 90 + Nothing Major. It's just nice to have for all it does. I too am not "planing" on selling my bike, but just knowing my miles are accurate or within 99.3% makes me happy. Especially with GEARING. Gearing will throw it off faster then a mother :hello:

:eek:ccasion1

·
Custom Powder Coater
6,556 Posts
If your complaining about $109 brotha maybe you shouldn;t own a bike :cool:

From the look of your SIG I'd say you spent money well and shouldn't be cheap. The speedo is really only off like 6mph or so when you get around 90 + Nothing Major. It's just nice to have for all it does. I too am not "planing" on selling my bike, but just knowing my miles are accurate or within 99.3% makes me happy. Especially with GEARING. Gearing will throw it off faster then a mother :hello:

:eek:ccasion1

:mrgreen::mrgreen: Yes im being cheap:badteeth: but i dont want a ticket for going 45 in a 35. I have a 16t /41 going on. Do u know how bad it get throwed off with that gearing?

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
I am not sure but I have heard several hundred out of a 6k test. That's kinda craz if you ask me. I am not sure how accurate the shop owners test was when he tested it with the v3 but I could see it being crazy over time. Hell its TOTALLY different gearing.

I am SURE you can pick up a used one for $75 or so. Post in the WANTED section bro. :)

·
Custom Powder Coater
6,556 Posts
I am not sure but I have heard several hundred out of a 6k test. That's kinda craz if you ask me. I am not sure how accurate the shop owners test was when he tested it with the v3 but I could see it being crazy over time. Hell its TOTALLY different gearing.

I am SURE you can pick up a used one for $75 or so. Post in the WANTED section bro. :)
Cool i just ordered the V4 from a sponsor Cost me $28.00:thumbsup: I sold my stock headers:mrgreen:

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
You sold them your stock header in turn for buying the V4 for $28?

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
good job man. I have a oem set up with very little miles on it and i am going to try to do a trade :thumbsup:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts