Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. I just installed a SHv3.0 + Harness Kit on my '07 ZX-10R but I am not getting any lights flashing on the unit? I confirmed with a multimeter that the single 12v Red wire does indeed have 12v. But no lights on power up or when spinning the wheel by hand like the instructions say. :dontknow: Any ideas? I emailed Speedohealer and am waiting a response but thought maybe someone else had run into this. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Needs 12v and a ground. If it's non responsive then Speedohealer should hook you up, they have excellent customer service but e-mails might take a day or two.

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
Hey guys. I just installed a SHv3.0 + Harness Kit on my '07 ZX-10R but I am not getting any lights flashing on the unit? I confirmed with a multimeter that the single 12v Red wire does indeed have 12v. But no lights on power up or when spinning the wheel by hand like the instructions say. :dontknow: Any ideas? I emailed Speedohealer and am waiting a response but thought maybe someone else had run into this. Thanks.
Depends how you checked the 12v, if you went from battery Negative to test that doesn't prove you have a good ground at the UNIT. I would test with a TEST light or multimeter on PIN 2(ground) to Pin 3(12v) to see if you can get a 12V measurement that way with the connector still in place on the Speedohealer side and measured at that point.....then you can go from there depending on what you get.

bloo

·
Rent this space
6,590 Posts
Dunno , but what I do know is that your avatar depicts the greatest motorcycle racer ever to have walked the planet.

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
Found it! A damn small piece of clear platic from the wrapper was inside the 4 prong connector that plugs into the unit. Thanks guys.
So I assume you tested for the 12v before the connector and were not sure about a good ground there to the Plug?...anyway good deal Dan :thumbsup:

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So I assume you tested for the 12v before the connector and were not sure about a good ground there to the Plug?...anyway good deal Dan :thumbsup:
Actually I was checking at the 4 p connector, but I think the probe on my multimeter was going in deeper (past the plastic) than than what the actual male pin was able too. A pair of tweezer and out it came. Thanks.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts