Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
5,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any member discounts on a plug & go version SpeedoHealer for a 10?

·
MIA Post Whore
8,727 Posts
Got mine from Cal sports but it was too long ago to remeber the price. There was a forum discount. I'm sure all the site sponcers would take a wack at it. Just depends on who has them in stock.. Good luck.

·
Registered
5,042 Posts
I beleive cal-sportbikes offers 10% for all forum members. If you want over on socalsportbikes.com we have a group buy going on right now. We are at 10 people right now but shooting for 20 it will be 67-68 I think and includes shipping, if we get to 20.

·
OG Post Whore
10,400 Posts
if you want it right away just give todd a call or if you want to save some money and wait go to the socalsportbikes.com gb thing going on. you will get a discount by calliung todd and telling him that you are apart of this forum

·
Registered
5,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Andy said:
Diablo, do you already have a sprocket on the way?
Yep, ordered a 16t front today...

·
I really need to get out of the house
11,176 Posts
You won't regret it. Best mod I've made so far.

Well, trying to get that old one off might for awhile, but it's worth it.

·
Registered
5,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Andy said:
You won't regret it. Best mod I've made so far.

Well, trying to get that old one off might for awhile, but it's worth it.
I hope I don't regret it. Did you notice any difference in stability from the bit of added wheelbase? I'm not sure it'll give enough rearward adjustment of the axle to give a noticeable difference...

Can't wait to tackle the stock one either. I love wrenchin' on my own stuff. Especially when it's a challenge.

·
Registered
5,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
By the way, Todd @ Cal Sportbike said the speedohealer was still $84.99 for members here but shipping is free. Pretty much like a 10% discount seein' as how shippin' on the one I bought from him for the busa was $8... I'll get a SH ordered first of the week I guess... Anyone know the ballpark correction to dial on for the 16t? I've got access to a Garmin GPS V but no way to mount it to the 10. My mount stuff was for the steering stem and that's blocked off by the Scotts stabilizer...

·
Registered
3,311 Posts
El Diablo,
I just did the 16T yesterday, use a 32mm socket on the bigger head, not the 7mm that one just rounds off.
I think I only gained 2.5mm of wheelbase that isn't jack poo poo.

·
11,176 Posts
El Diablo said:
I hope I don't regret it. Did you notice any difference in stability from the bit of added wheelbase? I'm not sure it'll give enough rearward adjustment of the axle to give a noticeable difference...
Someone with considerable track knowledge and ability might be able to notice an improvement.
So in answer to your question; no I didn't notice.
If you haven't already got one, you might want to look at steering dampers now. That lower gearing really likes to make the front end float even more. I never liked that wobbling sensation I got from that.

Isn't it great when you need to buy a new mod?

·
Registered
5,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Andy said:
Someone with considerable track knowledge and ability might be able to notice an improvement.
So in answer to your question; no I didn't notice.
If you haven't already got one, you might want to look at steering dampers now. That lower gearing really likes to make the front end float even more. I never liked that wobbling sensation I got from that.

Isn't it great when you need to buy a new mod?
I figured as much. Couldn't imagine a -1 sprocket makin' enough wheelbase difference to feel.

I've got an air impact wrench and a deep well 32mm impact socket sittin' on ready for when the sprocket gets here. All I still need is a hot chick to sit on the bike in a thong and a smile and hold the rear brake while I loosen and tighten the sprocket nut.
Anybody got one I could borrow for a few days?

As for a steering damper, that was my very first mod.

·
11,176 Posts
O well, I fgured I'd help feed the addiction but you already got it covered.

Good luck on the hot chick+thong.:beer:

·
Registered
5,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Andy said:
O well, I fgured I'd help feed the addiction but you already got it covered.

Good luck on the hot chick+thong.:beer:
If you wanna feed the addiction just convince me how changin' the sprocket will create a need for a set of Sato rearsets. That's prolly my next mod...

·
11,176 Posts
Well, this isn't too far of a stretch; the greatly improved acceleration brought about by the lower gearing and increased likeliness of raising the front wheel and tipping it's rider back causes one's boots to be more prone to slide off of the slippery stock pegs. The solution? Sato rearsets.

How's that?:wink:

·
Registered
5,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Andy said:
Well, this isn't too far of a stretch; the greatly improved acceleration brought about by the lower gearing and increased likeliness of raising the front wheel and tipping it's rider back causes one's boots to be more prone to slide off of the slippery stock pegs. The solution? Sato rearsets.

How's that?:wink:
Hmmm... Yeah, I'm convinced!

·
OG Post Whore
10,400 Posts
the funny thing is i ordered it in the gb and then i lost it somewhere while moving my stuff. its probably in my moms closet in fresno i think since most of my stuff is there. i shoulda installed it the day i got it but i got lazy oh well

1 - 17 of 17 Posts