Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just some fluff.

One of my LEO friends finally got around to hooking up with me to check my speedo against their radar. He took the latest and greatest radar unit and I did almost a dozen passes at 40, 60, and 70 indicated on my speedo, here are the results. 40=38 radar, 60=57, and 70 =66. So a pretty consistent 5% error. (My 2000 ZX-9 had a 10% lower reading). The bike is stock, 1700 miles, 05, oh, and yes, it is Titanium as I am sure that really matters.

Also today I took a 2002 Aprilia RSV-Mille out for a spin. It only has 3K on it, and to be fair its new owner does not know how it was broken in or serviced. Now I liked my son's 97 TL-S, and know that it is apples and oranges a bit when comparing to a ZX-10. But this thing was a dog! Suspension was not set up possibly, but it was very heavy handling. The seat to peg ratio was cramped even by ZX standards. Bars are widely spaced, throttle response very on/off, but partly due to cable mis-adjustment that I helped him fix. I think if a few things got sorted out it would be just OK, but I like the TL better. He paid the higher price to get exotic, and that is cool if that is your desire, but no thanks for me. ALso the fit and finish and bracketry were pretty sloppy compared to our 10's.

That is all.

·
Registered
385 Posts
i had an 02 mille r. i really liked the vtwin sound, but that's about all i miss. well, the mille was a little easier to wheelie too. i think the 10 is light years ahead of it though. never looked back.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts