Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just ordered a speedo healer for an '06 10R. i am keeping with the stock size rear tire, but have went to a 16t front sprocket (-1). what percentage of error should i use...i was thinking 10-12%...anyobe know for sure?

also, what is the best place to mount the box? any pics?

thanks in advance

·
Registered
34,537 Posts
yea the online calculator should be helpful in terms of finding out the error % and the sequence setting the switches on the box. Should equate to roughly -12% though.

BD

·
Registered
253 Posts
Push the remote control button that comes with the speedo healer for Top Speed recall.

All speed healer calibrations will be different for each bike. I highly recommend getting the extended wiring hireness and tossing it in the trunk as it makes it easy to access.

It's also easiest to use the Time-Distance method to calculate error. If you have and add-ons that could affect it (tires, gearing, et al...) install that first, THEN do the calibration. The stopwatch/timer on the bike comes in super handy for this!

·
Registered
201 Posts
I installed a speedo-healer on my 06 a few weeks ago. They do make a plug and go so the only splicing is to get into a power source. Other than that, you just need to push a few pins out of the big grey connector and put them in the harness provided by speedo-healer. Took me about an hour to install (I'd recommend removing the tank.) I ended up mounting mine under the seat, because my PCIII is under the passenger seat compartment. But, I'd actually suggest you look for a better place to mount it so you can get to it easier. I also programmed mine to run at -12%. I run the stock tire and also have 16t front sprocket. The instructions on programming are pretty complicated (for me anyway), but if you follow them exactly, you'll be pretty safe.

As for the top speed, There's only one button on the speedo-healer. Just push it once and the top speed will display on your odometer (power turned on of course). If you hold that button down for a few seconds, it resets your top-speed.

·
Registered
106 Posts
What you should do first is get a GPS unit and mount it where you can view both the speedo and the GPS. If you havent installed the healer yet make a run down the highway at 60 or so and note the speed on both the GPS and the speedo. Next, go to the speedohealer website and plug the numbers into their calculator and printout the instructions. If you have already installed the healer then put the healer unit in the transparent mode and do the above. Works great, last long time.:lol:

·
Registered
34 Posts
I have a stock '07 with a 16t front sprocket. With about half the rear tire left, my correction was -13.0%. Speedo said 69mph, GPS said 60mph. Online calc. said I was +15% and the SH value should be -13% (I don't understand it either)

Best thing to do with the GPS is use the top speed memory. (if it has one) just take your bike out and take note of your top speed, (say 60) then come back in and check the GPS's top speed.

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
I ran my bike with the online suggested value for -1 front and it seems to be accurate. If you get the no spice unit use the wire for the plate light for your power source. Mount the unit in the tail.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts