Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Knock on wood but in six years of riding, I have NEVER gotten a ticket for speeding on any bike I have owned nor have I ever run or ditched cops. As a matter of fact, 5 weeks ago i went on a weekend trip and forgot my wallet and insurance card and after a 3 hour drive home I was pulled over 2 miles from my house for rolling two stop signs and doing 20 over. Keep in mind I didn't have my license or insurance with me and after a short explanation the officer was cool enough to give me a warning and didn't bust my balls too bad.

9 months before that I was on the interstate and openend up my friends r6 and a motocop just happened to hit the onramp behind me to witness it. Needless to say, he lit me up and I pulled over immediately on the widest part of the shoulder, then he proceeded to tell me to go to the nearest parking lot. That's when my stomach got in knots, I was positive I was going up jail for the night. Long story short, ran my info, snickered about having to do 145 to catch up to me and sent me on my way with a warning.

No I'm not bragging, I'm counting my blessings. But in the past 9 months I've had 4 speeding tickets from 10-20 over while drive my truck or car. WTF gives!? I got one this morning at 5:20 for doing 78 in a 65 on my way to work. Does anyone else have this freaking issue or is it because I'm young, dumb and ... Yea.

·
Licensed Dist of HaterAde
11,423 Posts
Stop smashing on the small skinny pedal so much!!!:lol:
Nah i'm the same way man......i'll go a year or 5 with nothing and then rack up like 5-6 of them bastards!! at least your up in spring though, the cops in south Houston and out to Galveston and on the fukin job!!

·
Registered
3,318 Posts
I street riding for 22 years I have never gotten a speeding ticket and only run 1124 times :)
In all seriousness I have only run twice and only pulled over twice.
Now in cars that is a different story - been pulled over 59 times and probably had 18-20 tickets - fn coppers :eek:ccasion1.

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
I only get tickets when I have a radar detector.If I dont have a radar detector and speed ,I dont get tickets!thats fucked up.dont you think?

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
I get all the tickets in the car and dont speed narly as much as I do on the bike

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I only get tickets when I have a radar detector.If I dont have a radar detector and speed ,I dont get tickets!thats fucked up.dont you think?
Exactally my point. I can rip on the throttle and burn down the interstate for miles on the bike but if I sped half as much in my car or truck they would eat me alive. And it's not like I'm driving anything exotic that catches the eye, it's a cavalier and silverado.

·
Blitzkrieg
4,473 Posts
I street riding for 22 years I have never gotten a speeding ticket and only run 1124 times :)
In all seriousness I have only run twice and only pulled over twice.
Now in cars that is a different story - been pulled over 59 times and probably had 18-20 tickets - fn coppers.
:headshake

·
Registered
3,318 Posts
:headshake
I know - I know
It is a point of contention between my wife and I.
I just have bad luck BUT have been given some really shi!tty tickets in the past. My home town did not treat me well when it came to this. My father and I actually paid visits to the Staff Sargeant's office several times to see wtf was going on.

·
Registered
279 Posts
I get tickets in my car all the time, last year i got 7 from 7 different counties, but on my motorcycle i never get pulled over, I think cops are tired of getting left by motorcycles

·
Registered
36 Posts
Hope your not a distracted driver when in the cage and that's why you don't see the cops. Otherwise, just pay your taxes and be happy.

·
Judge Dredd Mod
9,188 Posts
I will say I am equal when giving citations or warnings. I see far more cars than bikes obviously though. Can't explain your individual circumstances however. I will also say that I have not yet pulled over a 10 of any year, mostly Gsxr's and Harley's believe it or not.

I'm actually in court at this moment.

·
Registered
772 Posts
I have had alright luck, but not too many warnings. I actually have been much worse, but have gotten better with age. There was a time that I had 5 tickets in 2.5 months, and all for speeding, exhibition, or reckless. Then I went many years with nothing, and then even went a few years on a bike with out tickets. Then I got the 10r, and two in the first year. One of them was for 75 in a 50, and it cost 775 dollars. It sucked because I was just riding home on a deserted divided highway. I had one hand on the throttle and the other laying on the tank. It was cold and I was trying to stay warm and tucked. I only pulled over because I figured it was my time to donate. I have broke the speed limit so many times by retarded amounts, that I was ready to take a lick for these small potatoes. I was very wrong, but 775 is still not worth losing my life over.

·
Registered
3,318 Posts
I have had alright luck, but not too many warnings. I actually have been much worse, but have gotten better with age. There was a time that I had 5 tickets in 2.5 months, and all for speeding, exhibition, or reckless. Then I went many years with nothing, and then even went a few years on a bike with out tickets. Then I got the 10r, and two in the first year. One of them was for 75 in a 50, and it cost 775 dollars. It sucked because I was just riding home on a deserted divided highway. I had one hand on the throttle and the other laying on the tank. It was cold and I was trying to stay warm and tucked. I only pulled over because I figured it was my time to donate. I have broke the speed limit so many times by retarded amounts, that I was ready to take a lick for these small potatoes. I was very wrong, but 775 is still not worth losing my life over.
Hey speeder did you get moved in ok?

·
Registered
772 Posts
WTF else did you do?? Only time I had a speeding ticket get close to that is when I missed court for it. Warrants are no bueno.
I didn't do anything else. I got a lawyer and had it reduced to 1 point so it didn't hit the insurance. They lowered the ticket price, but after the lawyer fees, I saved ten dollars. I broke my cardinal rule by speeding in the city limits. The city where the ticket was from has tripled their fines in order to create revenue and slow down the college kids.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts