Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

Just upgraded my break lines from stock rubber to SS but now I'm interested on what have you guys done to the clips that helps the speed sensor wire strap along with the break line. Since the stock rubber lines were thicker, the clips are too large to clamp them to the SS lines. Are you zipping them to the lines or is there an aftermarket clips that is available.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
24 Posts
You may use these original parts : 92171-0921
Since the newer models are coming with stainless brake lines from factory, these clips are installed.
They also fit to OEM stainless Brake lines.

But you may also cable-tie them together.
But do not zip to strongly. When sensor line is squeezed strongly, then after a long period of vibrations, wires may break.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's right, why didn't I think of that. Thanks traceeliot!

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
15,389 Posts
Did you break your brake line??? That's too bad. They will work if they're installed correctly on there if you follow their instructions. Do strap the sensor wires to something due to them flapping into the tires and wheels and getting wet from the morning dew. Here, I hear you can use a zip-tie on them. You don't need some fancy clips if you don't want to use those. You can use two of them to secure it to the line, just don't use too much force. Or write down the part number to get the right one.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey SkyDork, I think you miss read the post. Nothing broke, just upgraded from rubber to stainless steel lines. Speed sensor wire is still in good condition just was not sure about strapping them back on to the new line. Ordered the OEM clips from Gen 5, they should do the trick. If not, zip ties it is (y)

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
15,389 Posts
Hey SkyDork, I think you miss read the post. Nothing broke, just upgraded from rubber to stainless steel lines. Speed sensor wire is still in good condition just was not sure about strapping them back on to the new line. Ordered the OEM clips from Gen 5, they should do the trick. If not, zip ties it is (y)
Oh, I didn't misread your post. ;) You wrote "break" in the title and your post.

BREAK = (verb) Separate or cause to separate into pieces as a result of a blow, shock, or strain.
BRAKE = (noun) A device for slowing or stopping a moving vehicle, typically by applying pressure to the wheels.

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
15,389 Posts
You are correct. I did spell it incorrectly. My apologies.
Just keepin' ya honest is all! It's part of my job here and says so in my signature. :geek:

·
Registered
24 Posts
Did you break your brake line??? That's too bad. They will work if they're installed correctly on there if you follow their instructions. Do strap the sensor wires to something due to them flapping into the tires and wheels and getting wet from the morning dew. Here, I hear you can use a zip-tie on them. You don't need some fancy clips if you don't want to use those. You can use two of them to secure it to the line, just don't use too much force. Or write down the part number to get the right one.
Significantly strange reply...
Have had a bad hair day @ SkyDork ? :unsure:

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
The Yanks got rid of us hundreds of years ago and we got rid of the EU last year, face it your both doomed take up mandarin lads 😉

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
15,389 Posts
Significantly strange reply...
Have had a bad hair day @ SkyDork ? :unsure:
I always have a bad hair day. There's too much gray in it and my spray on hair paint isn't covering it any more.

But grammar is no joke. How many people with this same question will find this thread when searching for "brake"? Hint - NO ONE! :unsure:

The Yanks got rid of us hundreds of years ago and we got rid of the EU last year, face it YOU'RE both doomed take up mandarin lads 😉
Blimey. :unsure: After reading my previous posts, I still had to correct the typo for you. That's a tad wonky to say the least. o_O

·
Registered
745 Posts
In case anybody is going shopping for stainless braided lines, I installed Spiegler lines on my 4th gen and the sheathed Spiegler lines must've had a very similar outer diameter as compared to the oem rubber because the ABS/wheel speed sensor line clips fit perfectly onto the Spiegler lines.

GP90 you must've used a different brand of braided line? Do tell.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Good afternoon from Argentina!
I have a Gen 4 ZX10r, and I upgradedthe brake lines with SS lines. I bought the OEM clips from the 2017 Zx10r and they fitted perfectly.
Cheers

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
The ones I installed were also from Spiegler and the clips was too loose when clipping it to the rubber grommets. I ordered it from Gen 5 and everything fits.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts