Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm doing my sparkplug/airfilter change at 15500 miles. From what I can tell someone else has been in here (I hope lol) I bought the bike at 7500. So if your facing like you would sit on bike when I removed gas tank there was a breather hose on the right hand side and the other nipple on the other side had no hose or anything sealing it. Can I cap this? Or does it need a legit breather hose like the right side?

Next question is when I removed airbox the center 5mm Allen bolt dead center of box (the one in the deep channel) was not there. Do I even need to bother replacing it?

The clamp on the bottom of the airbox to the throttle bodies was not tight it was loose. Sloppy previous owners

Thanks!

·
Registered
2016 Kawasaki ZX-10R KRT ABS Edition
680 Posts
Based on the gen5 that I have:
Left tank hose: Breather Hose (somewhat important)
Right tank hose: Overflow Hose (runs to charcoal canister, a non-functional piece of government mandated garbage)
Don't cap it off, just don't fret about nothing being attached to it.

The middle airbox screw/bolt is important considering it's the only bolt that holds down the air filter. I personally would replace it via Partzilla or simply run to the hardware store. I doubt those screws are manufacturer specific.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Based on the gen5 that I have:
Left tank hose: Breather Hose (somewhat important)
Right tank hose: Overflow Hose (runs to charcoal canister, a non-functional piece of government mandated garbage)
Don't cap it off, just don't fret about nothing being attached to it.

The middle airbox screw/bolt is important considering it's the only bolt that holds down the air filter. I personally would replace it via Partzilla or simply run to the hardware store. I doubt those screws are manufacturer specific.
Thanks you sir!

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I know what you meant...went on partzilla ordered up some hardware...what a fantastic site!

Sent from my SM-T377V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2016 Kawasaki ZX-10R KRT ABS Edition
680 Posts
I know what you meant...went on partzilla ordered up some hardware...what a fantastic site!

Sent from my SM-T377V using Tapatalk
It doesn't say on their site, but you can call in and request faster shipping (2-day) if you need to. Not sure how quick you need to be back on 2's or if you're just gonna run without that bolt then take everything apart later on :p anyways good luck!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts